I wrote a glowing review a couple of weeks ago, but for some reason, it has not been posted...I'll try again. Teresa in the office truly wants the customer to have a good time and to be happy. She is friendly, helpful, and efficient. The internet absolutely does work now. This was important to me and I was a bit hesitant to stay her based on some of the other reviews. It could be slightly tempermental at times, but there was never a time when I could not connect to the internet.
All that needs to be said re. the beach, pool, chairs to drag to the beach has been said, but I do want to review room 14 in particular. Looks just like the pictures on the website. Large expanse of windows facing the ocean, beautiful views. This is a lower level room so no stairs to climb. Nothing fancy, but it has everything we need. The bed was satisfactory (my husband could sleep on it and he is very picky), comfy recliner chair in the living room and a sofa, dining room table with four chairs, kitchen with counter/stools. The kitchen is fully stocked, and when I say fully stocked, I mean it has everything that you could need to make every meal here (not that you'd want to, just saying). Most importantly it has a blender that crushes ice for frozen drinks. Bathroom was fine, small, but clean and updated. There's a place in the bedroom with mirrors and lighting to apply make-up and do hair because this could be a problem in the tiny bathroom.
A close walk to the shops/bars/restaurants. My husband has hip problems and complains about walking if it's too far and he never said a word. And while close to the action, this place is far enough away to be totally quiet. I never heard a sound after going to sleep...seems everybody goes to bed early, as do we.
Yes, as I mentioned, this place is not fancy, but it was such a breath of fresh air to pull up to a parking spot right in front and take our luggage into our room, which was only a short walk away. Having stayed at a few other resorts before coming here, I was sick of walking long distances to get from the room to the pool and beach. Was so nice to open the door of this unit, be in the pool area, and just steps to the beach. Could go in and out of the unit during the day so very easily.
I loved it and hope that it works out that I get to stay again next year, but for 10 days instead of only 3! Thanks Teresa for not giving my room to any of the others who were trying to move into my room because they liked it so much! Will just have to find a place where my husband and I can workout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern seas is located directly on the ocean with one of the largest beach frontages in broward county, including over 150 ft of private beach overlooking the atlantic ocean. Close to fun & yet far away from the crowds. Start the day relaxing by the ocean under our palm trees. Enjoy a nice swim in our heated swimming pool, or walk our expansive beach. We can assist you with connecting with many of the activities in the area, like snorkeling, diving, exploring our revered treasure, the three natural living coral reefs, just 100 yards off-shore. We offer free parking, beach chairs, wi-fi. Many have made their stay a tradition. Join us at this beautiful piece of paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Southern Seas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Seas Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Souters Hotel On The Ocean
- Southern Seas Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida