This was a last minute decision by my parents to trade in their timeshare week for the Windjammer. They aren't huge fans of FL, but they knew how much I frequent and love south FL so they were willing to give it a try. My boyfriend and I joined them for part of the week. and we all had an absolute blast. We stayed in unit 9, which has a pleasant patio and view of the ocean from there. The room was great - it felt more like staying at a friend's house than a condo. It was incredibly clean. A housekeeper comes by daily, trading in towels and linens, running the dishwasher, and ensuring no sand is found on the floors from our prior beach day! The kitchen was stocked with everything we could have needed for our time there. My parents said their bed was more comfortable than the new one they have at home, and my boyfriend and I slept very well on the trundle bed in the living room. When heading to the beach, an umbrella, towels, and comfy beach chairs are available - an awesome perk! The resort is on a quiet side street and only a five minute walk from the town's restaurants, bars, and shops. Needless to say, my parents were extremly pleased and have fallen in love with Lauderdale by the Sea. They are already planning their next trip back to the Windjammer - I don't think they'd come back to the area and stay anywhere else! We'll be sure to join.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Resort Hotel is located away from the crowds and sits on a wide and gorgeous palm-lined beach. Modern suites, all with kitchens, provide guests with superb views of the Atlantic Ocean and direct access to a pristine uncrowded beach. One block away is Pelican Square, the center of activity in the charming and secure seaside town of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, on the east side of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Relaxation and comfort are assured with a pristine uncrowded beach, two heated pools, a well maintained facility, friendly staff and very clean apartments. Our beachfront property is a White Glove Award recipient from the Superior Small Lodging Association eight years in a row. Unique to the Windjammer Resort Hotel is that from our beach you can snorkel or dive to a renowned coral reef, walk to the best fishing/sightseeing pier in South Florida and to a variety of shopping, restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Windjammer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Resort And Beach Club
- Windjammer Resort & Beach Club Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Windjammer Resort Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida