“wonderful place”

Windjammer Resort
Cuggiono, Italy
“wonderful place”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

It's second time for us at Windjammer Resort, really a wonderful place, located directly on the beach in a great place, Lauderdale by the Sea, FL. Very friendly staff and friendly guests too, 2 swimming pools oceanfront and walk away from good restaurants. Rooms with full kitchen and well maintained, we'll come back for sure.

Room Tip: check on the website, some rooms are oceanfront, a great view.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Luca_e_Gina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Just returned from Windjammers at Lauderdale by the Sea. I agree with all of the previous reviews that I have read. The place is very nice. It is so helpful that beach chairs, towels, dish soap ect, are provided.Many places do not provide these things. The staff at Windjammers seems to really give some thought to what a guest will need and provides it. The only negative that I have is the pricing policy. I made last minute reservations and was able to take advantage of some specials. I got 3 nights at a reduced price, I needed 4 nights, so I ask if another night was available and was told yes but I was charged full price for the last night. Since obviously there was a unit available I was confused as to the cost. I was very pleased with the accomadations, however as a retired person on a budget I was disappointed with the cost of the last night. I would certainly return, its a beautiful place. thank You.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank elizabethpeoriail
Tamarac, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 30, 2011

The Windjammer is this quaint hotel with a picturesque settings of everything your mind will conjure up of the South Florida Beaches. The property is maintained beautifully and the rooms each have a full kitchen and have been updated with a clean fresh feel. We held our wedding there on 11/11/11 and the staff is so friendly and did everything they could to make our experience wonderful and seamless. Our family came and we had five rooms and everyone is excited about coming back for another visit. Perhaps a family reunion! The surrounding area has night life and great restaurants, shops but the best is it is so quiet at the Windjammer that if you want peace and quiet you can find that too! Thank you Windjammer for making our special day/weekend so very special! See you soon.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side have a nicer view and feels more open
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I went here with my family and was pleasantly surprised how great this place was. Not only is the location perfect but felt very quaint. The staff went above and beyond what to expect in great customer service, something you never see. Accomadations were comfortable and very clean. My family enjoyed the pool very much but could switch it up and hit the beach which was right there. We are going to be regulars as we do visit the area often.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2011

the Windjammer resort is in a fabulous location on the Gold Coast of Florida. It has a family feel. The resort staff was as friendly and helpful as anyplace we have ever stayed. The accomodations were just right to enjoy the beach and all the area has to offer. There was only one thing that could have made it a little bit better-a TV in the bedroom. That is the only thing we missed. Wasn't able to use the pool as the weather didn't cooperate but it certainly looked as inviting as anyplace we have ever stayed. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN all over. Friendly and helpful staff. What more could you ask for? Would definetly return.

Room Tip: If you are a timeshare owner elsewhere you take what you get on an exchange.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank beentheregoingback
Tuckahoe, New York
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This resort is the most beautiful I have ever stayed at in lbts. I have been visiting lbls for many years, and have never stayed any place as clean, beautiful, and to top it off have a great friendly staff. And how many resorts do you stay at and have the general manager introduce himself? Thats because there is never any problem to complain about.
Only back one day and can't wait to go back..........

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Pat C
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I came to the Wimdjammer with my Mom celebrating her 84th Birthday. It was a perfect get a way, great location in the small cozy city of Lauderdale By The Sea. The staff was very nice, Joseph, Lillian, John, as well as all the orhers! Our room was oceanfront, first floor, and overlooking the pool. Extremely comfortable and clean. Good space for the two of us. We had our coffee watching the sun come up from our dining room table. They provide very comfortable Tommy Bahama low beach chairs that we took to the beach. We enjoyed sitting on the beach watching a couple of dozen divers come in and out of the ocean as well as seeing the Pier just north. I strolled the beach several times during my stay, so relaxing. In our kitchen I cooked several meals. I bought one seasoning, curry. It flavored several of our meals, coconut curry pork chops with sauteed mushrooms and onions along with jasmine rice. You can barbecue outside by the pool as well. Bring some charcoal or a guest might have left some. The grocery store Publix, is less than a mile away. We also had several meals on Commercial Blvd, walking distance, just north. Very good hamburgers at the Village, oh the dessert, rectangle plate with ice cream, cream, nuts, sliced strawberry, great to share. Yum! Very good chicken salad sandwich at Country Ham and Eggs.. Service as well was very good. Stop in to see Dominic or Dominque at Doggies and Diamonds right down the street from Village Grille, the cutest puppies ever and beautiful jewelry. I bought a gorgeous ring there and almost came home with a Perkapoo puppy! Just adorable. All just a short walk or you can drive the block and there are parking meters. They do check the meters! Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank SouthFloridaSusanL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lauderdale by the Sea
Plunge Beach Hotel
#21 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Tides Inn
Tides Inn
#4 of 28 in Lauderdale by the Sea

Been to Windjammer Resort? Share your experiences!