See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 13, 2019

My wife and I had booked a room for a week in Feb. We left after 2days . The reasons? No hot water in the shower. No silverware or dish ware. They showed us a different room and that room had no hot water in the shower. Tv in the bedroom. I asked to have it moved to the living room. No response. Toaster didn’t work. Do not waste your money. These people are crooks.

Room tip: Don’t go here
Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2018

we booked one night here for new years eve, and it was pleasant enough, comfortable room, within a five minute walk to the sea and the restaurants, only used the bed basically, but there is a pool there, and the management seemed friendly enough

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank madiestan
Reviewed November 29, 2017

This was the first time we stayed at the Tropicaire and we were very pleasantly surprised!. The property is small and cute and Robert the front desk manager was very friendly and helpful! We appreciated his advice on what to do in the surrounding area and was always available for a quick chat.
The beach is a quick 4 min walk and chairs were provided which was great instead of having to bring our own chairs or rent them.

We stayed in room 111 which was perfect for our needs.

Would deff recommend

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

We needed a 1 night stay for an event. I called ahead and advised I would be checking in late, I was told the room would be in and the key inside. When we arrived, the room was not open & the housekeeper had no idea we were coming.
We were given Room 107, which appears to be the laundry, storage and pet area. We had to walk a narrow path of laundry heaped upon chairs, a bunny in a cage, what appeared to be a dog bed as well as miscellaneous things strewn and stored about haphazardly..to get to our room door. When I returned from my event at 3 am, the area was very dark and hard to navigate around the laundry etc. I fell trying to find my way to the door. (*I do not drink alcohol, so it was not a drunken stumble) The wind had apparently blew some bed sheets off the chairs they were piled on and my foot became tangled in them. Leaving me with a bruised,sore ankle. (At least I hope that's all)
This morning, 45 mins before the posted check-out time, there was a knock on the door. Someone was asking us to leave, saying it was 11:15am, when in fact it was 10:15 am.
Lastly...it appears people live there full-time and that was not stated in the listing for this room. I find it hard to believe that "down on their luck" folks could afford to pay the $127.65 per night that I just did.

I would not be upset if this was a $50 a night room, I would expect the shady circumstances. However, at the price I paid...I should not have been injured,woke up, rushed out and downright disappointed.
I would not recommend this place for tourists. Locals without a home in desperate times..maybe.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
9  Thank Angie B
Reviewed October 31, 2017

I booked this room over two weeks ago through a booking site, and the day of the booking, I sent a message asking about early check in. A week later, no response, I called the hotel and was sent to voicemail. Left a message asking about early check-in mentioning the date that I was staying. A week later, no response, so I called again, and left a voicemail. It's four days until I am supposed to stay in this hotel, and TODAY I get a call from Robert telling me to call him at a different phone number than the one he called from - that number repeatedly went to voicemail.

I dialed the original phone number to learn that they somehow double booked and only realized it now, but don't worry, there are other hotels in the area with supposedly bigger (better?) rooms for the same price.

There aren't.

Supposedly I am getting a full refund.

Thank you for making my upcoming weekend twice the price than it should be, Tropicaire Resort. I have not seen what your hotel looks like, but with that customer service, quite frankly, I'm relieved.

Date of stay: October 2017