“Once in a blue moon”

Blue Moon Fish Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Moon Fish Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Commercial & Intracoastal Waterway
Description: Recipient of numerous awards for culinary excellence, the restaurant is known as one of the finest dining establishments on America’s east coast serving fresh seafood by the waterway. It is a well-known fact that Blue Moon offers the finest waterfront dining in Fort Lauderdale and is in the top tier of acclaimed restaurants within the entire South Florida region. Blue Moon's elegant interior dining room is decorated in authentic Art Deco style with high ceilings, inlaid wood, carved accents and frosted art glass partitions featuring an underwater theme. There's nothing quite as magical as enjoying an expertly crafted gourmet meal on the Blue Moon terrace where the boats pass by in graceful motion throughout the day and night.
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The hostess was accomodating with our outdoor seating choice by the intercoastal. A beautiful day, Firecracker Oysters and Key West Snapper prepared to perfection, excellent chardonnay, a most gracious server, and time to linger. What more could one desire? Thank you, Billie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,210)

Reviewed March 16, 2014

either we kind of got their "bad hair day" or they have really lost it.
We missed, compared to former years a couple of items on their menu e.g. Prawn Tarragona. Plates just looked regular (no more
creative decorations) and food just tasted o.k.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have been to Blue Moon once before today, both trips were for lunch.

During my first trip, they were still serving their 2-for-1 lunch special. I ordered the grouper sandwich and my boyfriend had the lobster roll. We split both.The grouper sandwich was aright - nothing was wrong but I wasn't wowed by it. The lobster roll I found disappointing. It had a strange, saltwatery taste characteristic of lobster that was not fresh. I could barely choke it down when I decided "why bother?"

Today, we went for lunch and found that they had discontinued their 2-for-1 special and replaced it with an a la carte brunch menu. After munching on the bread served with a roasted clove of garlic (brilliant), I ordered the Greek salad with blackened shrimp. After I took my 1st bite I was already writing this review in my head. I was IMPRESSED. As a person who genuinely loves salads, I can tell you, this one was good. It was served with an entire wedge of feta cheese and the dressing was not overbearing. Also, the blackened shrimp was delectable and paired quite nicely with the dressing. I know my boyfriend enjoyed his meal as well, though I did not end up sampling it (he ordered the chicken and waffles). He did mention that the portion seemed small and that he could have easily eaten a second.

All-in-all this place is nice. We've always easily gotten a seat outside by the water and the food and service has been acceptable.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have eaten in this restaurant three times for lunch, and once for brunch in the past three months. On each occasion the food and service were excellent. You can either dine inside or sit on a covered deck overlooking the intracoastal water way. I am a chef of forty years, and would suggest this restaurant to anyone who wants a great seafood meal.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Excellent menus, wine, seafood and steak choices. Very, very busy, service a little slow, entrees not as hot as we would have preferred. Desserts were great! We always visit Blue Moon when we go to Ft. Lauderdale.