“Excellent food”

Blue Moon Fish Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Moon Fish Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Commercial & Intracoastal Waterway
Description: Recipient of numerous awards for culinary excellence, the restaurant is known as one of the finest dining establishments on America’s east coast serving fresh seafood by the waterway. It is a well-known fact that Blue Moon offers the finest waterfront dining in Fort Lauderdale and is in the top tier of acclaimed restaurants within the entire South Florida region. Blue Moon's elegant interior dining room is decorated in authentic Art Deco style with high ceilings, inlaid wood, carved accents and frosted art glass partitions featuring an underwater theme. There's nothing quite as magical as enjoying an expertly crafted gourmet meal on the Blue Moon terrace where the boats pass by in graceful motion throughout the day and night.
North Conway, New Hampshire
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had sea bass and it was the best I've ever had.
Shared a caprese salad, and, here again, the mozzarella cheese was the best I've ever had...so creamy.
This restaurant is worth a trip.

Visited January 2013

Happy Valley, Oregon
“Excellent Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had a lovely dinner at the Blue Moon Fish Company. It was recommended by a patron at the Westin Hotel and we were NOT disappointed. We called ahead and asked about the Stone Crab and they had them but were not on the menu. They were a bit pricey but they are hard to come by right now and was well worth the $62. I had a wonderful steak with a cream sauce and my husband loved the mussels and a beet salad to start.

It's a busy place so expect a wait but it's well worth it.

• Visited February 2013
Braselton, Georgia
“Great choice for the area!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I ate at Blue Moon about 8 or 9 years ago when we were in the area for a cruise. We had a very nice meal and enjoyed dining outside and seeing the boat traffic. This week we arrived back in the Lauderdale area and booked reservations for the night of our arrival, anticipating another good experience. The reservations were late for us, but we arrived early and were seated immediately. The restaurant seemed to be configured for large groups, and that was clearly the scene during our visit. So, the food was very solid and the wait staff was professional. This is not a top tier restaurant with creative dishes and Michelin star service, but it is a place that understands what it takes to be successful. The menu was broad and our choices were all very comfortable and tasty...no regrets. The key lime pie dessert was gigantic and very well crafted. Enjoyed our relatively affordable wine from Oregon and appetizers and entrees. My only negative comment is to warn folks about the noise from a very active bar that dominates the main dining room. I suggest you ask for a table on the enclosed porch if you want to be able to comfortably converse with your partner on a busy night.

• Visited March 2013
Hollywood, Florida
“Noisy, Not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I wanted a really nice place with good service, food, and pleasant ambiance, not sure why it is rated # 2 , my brother came over from Scotland (and I am really sorry I chose this place, after a great deal of research) The noise level was awful, we were squished in like sardines, the waiter that delivered our main course virtually threw our plates at us, I complained and the owner came and apologized (in Scotland they make a sincere apology and offer a glass of wine or a dessert?) I do not feel our complaint was dealt with well, she really did not care, in my opinion. My brother asked 3 times for another bottle of wine for $400.00 plus one expects better service. The food was good, not excellent just good, but the chicken dish was awful. I was totally embarrassed that I had taken my brother to this place. I will not be back and will not recommend to anyone, and I sincerely hope others take notice of my review, because this place does not deserve to be rated # 2 in Fort Lauderdale, the people are only there to grab your money and it is blatantly obvious.

• Visited March 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Night Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Was in Fort Lauderdale to visit some friends and they brought me here for dinner the night of my arrival. Well all i can say is it was a great way to start my vacation! The food was spectacular which was accompanied by a nice view and an extremely attentive staff from the hostesses to the busboy. Saw a review about noise levels which i dont get as the atmosphere seemed to be fun an energetic which made our time there more alive.I definitley recommend Blue Moon to anyone heading to the Fort Lauderdale area

• Visited February 2013