“Very Disappointed”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Intracoastal Waterway
Description: Prepare for a dining experience unlike any other. Watch as your personal chef performs the ancient art of Teppanyaki. Listen as razor-sharp blades slice through tender steak and juicy chicken. Take in the aroma of sizzling shrimp, lobster and savory vegetables. And don’t forget our delicious sushi appetizers, including fresh nigiri, sashimi and specialty rolls, all made with the same flair that made Benihana a legend in Japanese cuisine.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Wow-I went back to Benihana's after 20+ years and the food and service left much to be desired. My family and I went there for a late lunch and it was still very crowded. So-here I am very much looking forward to having a great meal and while I was waiting for service, I started observing the lack of cleanliness in the restaurant, the cramped seating at the hibachi table and the staff, most of which were not Oriental. Then my afternoon only got worse. Our server took about 10 minutes just to take the drink order (language barrier?). He didn't re-surface for another 10 minutes, but at least he came with the drinks. Twenty minutes have passed by and he still hasn't taken our food order. We were seated next to four super-sized young ladies. The "ladies" gave him explicit directions of what they wanted in their stir fry, so when it came time to taking our orders, he just wasn't with it. I ordered a soup and a salad-I didn't receive my salad until the chef started cooking and dishing out the hot food. As for the chef-he was of some Hispanic descent-absolutely no personality, not entertaining-very bland. These girls started "roughing up" the chef as to exactly what they wanted in their food and whatever he made went back. In fact, 1 of the young ladies literally walked away from her seat with her plate of food-back to the kitchen because he still didn't cook her meal the way she wanted it. Now whether she did it for show and wanted the restaurant to comp the meal-I don't know. I thought the food was average, at best-nothing great, but not to where I would return it. I have had better. I found that the ginger and shrimp sauce were way too salty. My father ordered some type of noodle dish and when the "chef" asked him if he wanted sesame seeds and my father said yes, he just took a heaping spoonful and laid it on top of the food. I would imagine that it would have been a bit tastier, had he mixed it in with the other ingredients. The prices are high for the lack of quality in the food and presentation. In addition, sake for $9.50 is a bit ridiculous. I will not be returning to Benihana ever again. It's a good thing that we have an excellent Japanese restaurant in Melbourne, Florida that beats the crap out of this one-in both food and service!

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

As always, Benihana's has served great food. The talented chef's and the experience of hibachi cooking is always a treat.

I remember them being the first of it's kind.
This location had much to be desired, though, in atmosphere.

It was loud and noisy from too many people crammed at too many tables, in my opinion.

Ok, reality check. It was a Saturday night. A reservation made at 7:30pm, all during the remnants of tropical storm Chantal dumping buckets of rain on us.

First world problems. I know.

With those strikes against them the wait staff was still fun 'n flexible. And the food was still good. And the price was still Benihana expensive.

If your family and friends want a loud, bousterious, sign language communication type of meal, this is the place for you.

If you're looking for a quiet, intimate evening, don't go here on a Saturday night during a torrential rainstorm.

Maybe Thursday would've been a better bet.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

"Happy Hour" @ this Benihana was a great time. The sushi was fresh but the sake came to us boiling hot. All the sushi we ordered was very fresh and good but the sake was much too hot. We had to order our sake at room temperature. Also, our waitress was new and had too much responsibility. Shame on the manager for making it so obvious.
Sushi was fresh and really good.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

To begin, if you read my reviews, you know I am a huge fan of hibachi. Benihana has been the mainstay for this for years, but I have noticed lately that these are slipping a little and this location is no exception. To begin, the grills were a little old, with no slot to clean and discard, so when cleaning, the chef has to place the stuff in a bucket or a towel. That can be a little unappetizing. Our chef seemed very preoccupied with something at another table and was distracted thru the entire performance.
Overall food was ok, not great and the staff was average.
Still, these are fun places to go and enjoy a dinner; I just think that Benihana should focus on a training program to update their staffs and refresh everything.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Pros- Food was fresh and delicious, fun chef at the hibachi table, beautiful spot with water views, valet parking
Cons- The long wait, and the prices were a little high