All reviews mark maggie bamboo room highly recommend hotel pool area tommy bahama beach chairs grocery store fort lauderdale short walk beach towels hidden gem shops and restaurants beautiful pool two blocks the perfect place to stay small kitchenette home away from home within walking distance
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2019

Simply divine little spot for a romantic mini-vacay! After being in Boca for business, my husband and I opted to spend 2 nights in LBTS because we needed to be within walking distance of food & fun. Finding Hotel Seacrest was perfect! It's situated on a corner but you'd hardly know it's a hotel from the street. Stepping inside the gate, it felt as though we'd entered our own private retreat. The room was meticulously clean. Mark and Maggie certainly take pride in a beautifully kept property. Extra nice touches included: dish soap in the kitchen, ice in the mini-fridge/freezer, hand soap in the bathroom - not just the bar soap you get if you forgot yours, sunscreen and insect repellent for guests by the pool (although we didn't need the bug spray in January) and a storage bin stocked with Tommy Bahama beach chairs and umbrellas for use on the beach! Easy walk to/from the nearest public beach access. The pool is really lovely too - we enjoyed sitting poolside at night when the fountains came on and the lights changed colors. It's just beautiful! Especially nice that they have a poolside lift for those with mobility concerns to have accessibility. What a wonderful touch!
Can't say enough about the great value this little place is! We can't wait to come back!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank RthrBAtTheBeach71
Reviewed November 20, 2018 via mobile

While recently traveling for business in Homestead, I opted to forget the more mundane hotels and elected to drive back and forth each day to stay at the gem of Lauderdale by the Sea. A quick jaunt down the turnpike each day provided yet another opportunity to experience the phenomenal service and amenities I've come to expect and enjoy at Hotel Seacrest. Forget about the big,noisy hotels that cater to the less discriminating traveler,and look to be mesmerized by the lush landscape that surrounds this quaint botique hotel. The owners take great pride in the property,and it's always maintained in a fashion that is spotlessly clean, with a tasteful, temporary decor. Grab one of their Tommy Bahama beach chairs and stroll a half block to arguably the nicest beach in Florida. Not an ocean swimmer? No problem,as this quiet,secure,adult only hotel has a sparkling pool that features a multicolored fountain that provides a tranquil atmosphere in which you can relax after a dip. I've traveled throughout the world and I always recommend LBTS in South Florida to all my friends and colleagues. To fully appreciate your visit to this great town, one must experience the hospitality and privacy that can only be found at Hotel Seacrest. This alluring vacation spot awaits you and yours,and I promise you won't be disappointed!

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank BeachDan
hotel s, Owner at Hotel Seacrest, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2019

Wow, always a pleasure to have you with us good sir and thank you for the amazing review. We look forward to next time - all the best XOXX - M&M

Reviewed November 19, 2018

Nice owner, well kept, clean and great location. Our 6 night stay was nearly perfect until night 4 when extremely rude neighbors moved in next to us. We were lying in bed at 10:50pm when we heard banging on our door, then we saw someone looking in our window, then they started banging again. (I now wish I had called the police). My husband quickly dressed and opened the door, only to find the woman in the next room outside our door who told my husband she wanted us to turn our TV off so she and her husband can sleep. I was furious, the nerve, not to mention I was scared to death. I went to their door and told them I felt they were completely out of line. First thing the next morning, they were telling the owner that we were out of line, which is totally untrue. To the owner's credit, she moved them to another room. Upon checking out, we tried to explain to the owner what they had done to us however, we could tell she doubted us, she said they were regulars and she never had trouble with them in the past. Watching tv is hardly disruptive. My only regret is that I didn't call the police on the peeping tom neighbors!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura C

Gosh Laura, what to say to that…my wife and I have long pondered whether or not to explain to the masses what a drag it is for small hotel owner/operators to get a revenge review like this, especially when it has nothing to do with us. And it is especially vexing when we do everything we can to mitigate the circumstances, seeking not to offend, take sides or confront anyone, but to move people around at great effort and expense to ourselves. And we do this only to give everyone of our guests the best vacation we can. So it is disconcerting when the very same people turn around and harm us in a review.

Reviewed November 17, 2018 via mobile

A home away from home for us. Great location, nice clean and quiet rooms, beautiful pool area. The owners always went the extra mile to make our stay an unforgettable one. Can‘t say enough about this wonderful place, highly recommended!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank FrankS552
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights before our time share week began. I normally do not give 5 stars unless I have an ocean view but this place deserves it. When I booked my room I mentioned we had an early flight and would like to check in early if possible. To my surprise Mark called me the day before our arrival and told me our room was being upgraded and would be ready whenever we got there. He also sent me an email as to where the room was located and where I could find the keys as him and his wife were not on premises at our arrival time. Our room was big and could have slept 4 people but more importantly it was spotless! The garden and pool area were quant and clean. We were provided with beautiful beach chairs,towels, there were floats and noodles to use in the pool. Marks wife(I’m sorry I can’t remember her name) was there in the morning cleaning the pool area and all the tables around it and taking care of the rooms. We never actually got to meet Mark but I feel like I did. Any questions I had I just texted him and got back to me right away. Highly recommend this place and may go down early again next year just to stay there!

Date of stay: September 2018