“For breakfast it's better at the pier...”

Village Grill Sushi Bar
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Haven't eaten here for lunch or dinner so don't want to prejudge. As far as breakfast it wasn't bad but we much prefer breakfast at the pier :)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We have visited Lauderdale-by-the-Sea on a few occasions, we happened upon the Village Grille group of restaurants and in our opinion they are the best of the bunch, we have tried the other restaurants nearby (across the street and across the adjoining parking lot) and much prefer the Village Grille group

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I love Sushi and this place was quaint and fast! The service was fantastic we had fun with the patrons who lived in the area and advised us which plate to order and they were great. Cost is pretty good, not too outrageous as they could be.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Villlage Grill has 3 separate restaurants - a pub, a grill and a sushi bar. We ate at the grill. Sat on the patio looking out at the fishing pier (great views that night, August 31 blue moon) and the huge mass of humanity that moves through that area on a Friday night. Great people watching!
Four of us sat at a table for six - plenty of room. Had a great server who helped us decide on what we were going to eat. I admit I expected a decent meal but was absolutely blown away by the value, portion and quality of the meal.
Our friends had the fish sandwich (local, fresh caught, lightly seasoned) and the fruitta de mar. They raved about the quality ingredients and flavors.
My wife had the chicken parmagian - out of this world.
I had the fresh salmon with a cashew brown sugar glaze - it was big, fresh, cooked perfectly and about as good as it gets. served over wilted spinach. A+ on the food
Service was A+
Drinks were made by someone who knew how to mix a drink - strong and flavorful - wine pours were generous and a selection ranging from value to eclectic. A+ bar
Nice beer selection as well and some good micro drafts.
I expected a good mid level bistro but was blown away by the total package we were provided. I'd go again and again. Great food, great location.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Bechside Village Resort and Village Grill Sushi, Village Pump and VIllage Grill are all owned by the hotel owner.
The sushi bar is awesome!!!! Half price from 4 to 7 - we grazed our way thru all the shushimi and several rolls while enjoying wine and beer. Service was very good as well. Definitely recommend!