“Job Well Done”

Great Escape Inn
South Florida, Florida
“Job Well Done”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

The new owner of the Great Escape Inn have done a terrific job by rebuilding the motel to his former beauty. We have sold the hotel 10 years ago and it had some ruff time afterwards and before the new owner bought it in August 2012. Since we returned to the Great Escape last week, we stayed with the new owner who just bought the place in August 2012 and which gladly showed us the motel and everything they have done. They really impressed us with the new decor and style. It is hip, clean and inviting. All rooms have been redone, new furniture, new kitchen, new linen, fresh paints, impressive bathrooms and "no stone was left behind". The motel has brought us old memories back and we are happy that we stopped in the Great Escape. We really love what has been done and can highly recommend the new place since it has reached his former beauty. The hospitably of the new owner was beyond our expectation and the location will be perfect for your new gateway. Stop by the place you will not be disappointed. Any question, just send me an email, we have great memories and made great friends in the Great Escape and so will you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great location - walked to beautiful beach and to dinner!! Rooms were CLEAN!! Room appointment was simple and fresh - tile floors perfect for beach goers. Our family took four rooms ranging from an apartment with full kitchen, suite and basic room - all were pleasant. The staff went beyond to welcome us and make sure our trip was a success. This is not a Ritz Carlton - it is a delightful get away (an ESCAPE). Highly recommend!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

On my way from Orlando to Fort Lauderdale port I stopped at this inn thinking this is a good place to stop before going on our cruise so we could check out Fort Lauderdale. I wasn't expecting much but was so happy I did stay here. It is so close to the beach and the management was so attentive that I will let all my friends know about this little gem. You could tell that this place had just being remodeled everything is so nice and clean. I inquire about the hotel and was told that it had just changed management. I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The new management for the Great Escape has done a fantastic job at revamping this hotel. Upon recently visiting from Chicago to spend a weekend in Fort Lauderdale, I stumbled across the Great Escape via a recommendation from a close friend. When I arrived, I was greeted warmly by the staff and shown to my room. I stayed in the penthouse suite, which was wonderfully accommodating. The rooms were huge, the air was cold, and everything was spot clean (including the kitchens and bathrooms). I had a few friends come and spend the day with me at the pool/beach, as the penthouse had more than enough room for all of us to come in and cool down for a little. The management was extremely friendly and provided me with plenty of advice on different restaurants to try and places to check out while I was in town. The hotel threw a pool/welcoming party for the guests during the Labor day weekend, which was a blast! There was plenty of food and music for everyone to enjoy during the afternoon. The location of this hotel was also fantastic, being within extremely close walking distance of the beach, many restaurants, shopping centers, and plenty of night-life. Overall, I would absolutely recommend checking this location out if you are in Lauderdale by the sea and need a great place to say for a decent price. I know I will be back here as soon as it gets cold enough to require a spontaneous Florida vacation.

Room Tip: The Penthouse is great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Arian L
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel exceeded our every expectation! The rooms were impeccable,beautiful and spotless! We were given a complimentary upgrade upon arrival to a beautiful room with a pool view from the window! Every staff member was great, and tended to our every need. The hotel is in a great location, in lauderdale by the sea , a minute away from the The ocean . Las olas was only 10 minutes away. We will definitely be back soon! The great escape Hotel is a great place to stay when visiting fourt lauderdale !!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Alberto4488651
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I recently stayed here for the weekend with my boyfriend, the property is under new ownership and has been completely renovated, appliances and beds are brand new so that was really nice to stay in a hotel were you know that everything is clean and not old and gritty. The staff there were so nice and accommodating, we stayed in the pent house and it felt like a little home away from home, wood flooring with two bedrooms and a fully equipped kitchen. There is a publix across the street along with a cvs and a few restaurants, and a mini downtown just down the street within walking distance from the hotel. There are a few restaurants and bars and an incredible breakfast place known for there steak and biscuits called  "country ham and eggs" I kid you not the best biscuits and gravy I have ever had!!!!   Also if your looking for more of a party scene downtown ft lauderdale is only 15 min away!! The beach is a block behind our hotel and it's apparently one of the nicest beaches around since it houses  a natural living coral reef within 100 yards of its shoreline. The reef is so close to the beach, it is even accessible while snorkeling! Locally referred to as the "first reef." It is really a beautiful sight and I def recommend checking it out while your there. All in all we had an amazing experience and when we do come back to Florida it will definitely be to stay at the Great Escape Inn!!! I hope this review helps anyone looking to stay anywhere around the area =]

• Stayed September 2012