“Affordable,clean,good location and beautiful garden in the motel!”

Best Florida Resort
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I was very impressed with the cleanliness and attention to detail in the motel .The garden was BEAUTIFUL!.The tropical plants and tree were breathtaking!.
Room was clean, comfortable and price was very reasonable.
The location was great-close to the beach,restaurants and other attractions in Florida.
The owners were very polite and gave us opinions about places worth seeing.
Don't think twice if you are looking for a place to stay in Fort Lauderdale!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Pawel80

Reviewed June 22, 2010

I come from Warsaw,Poland and me and my friends needed a hotel for 10 days.We searched for a lot of hotels and Best Florida had the best reviews so we decided to stay there and I can say I totally agree with the reviews.The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the people that worked there were very nice.The garden was really cared for and the beach was just around the corner.The pool was clean and big enough so that the four of us could freely swim.To summarize it all it was a great hotel.See you next year at BEST FLORIDA.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank anonymus050
Reviewed June 20, 2010

We very much enjoyed our time at Best Florida Resort. Bo and Thomas have gone out of their way to create a very calming and welcoming atmosphere. My family and I stayed for 5 nights at this beautifully kept resort. Wifi was helpful as my husband had to do some work while we were away. The room and grounds were very clean and well maintained. The pool was very refreshing and we were often the only ones there. There were noodles and floats available for use. Bo and Thomas also provide beach chairs and beach towels. Upon arriving, Thomas showed us around and made sure we knew he was available should we need anything. They are great hosts! We were in a studio with a full kitchen, two double beds and a futon. My children were very pleased with the accommodations, they actually fought over who got to sleep on the futon. The kitchen had all of the dishes we needed and then some. We ate most meals at the resort. The walk to the beach took about 5 minutes. The beach was never crowded. The water was so clear and warm! The walk to the downtown area was short too. We walked to Publix, Dunkin Donuts, The Village Grille, Killeans Ice Cream shop, Aruba's the pier and Walgreens. We had so much fun! I highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We spent a week, and were very impressed with the cleanliness and attention to detail. The rooms are fully furnished with a beachy, homey feel. We stayed in the 1 bedroom unit that had a clean fresh smell, and we felt quite comfortable. Tomas and Bo were helpful and gracious, and did whatever they could to make our stay a happy one. The pool area is like a funky small island oasis, full of interesting plants and native art. Though on A1A, I did not find it distracting,

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Based on the good reviews and friends of us, who stayed there before, we booked an apartement at the motel for a period of 14 days. The first impression when arriving there was ok so far, a quite nice pool, a small garden . But as mentioned in previous reviews: the owner , especially Bozena appears on the one hand friendly, but on the other hand, during the first two days, she gave us new rules which we apparently broke (but not on purpose) , everytime she was around and saw us. We opened the curtain blinds of the rooms because it was quite dark in there and were told to close them again in order not to "destroy" them. We left the door open for 2 minutes to get some fresh air in and were instantanously told to close it because of the insects. We left the light near the washing machine on 5 minutes too long. Coming from the beach she stared at our feet to see if the feet were washed as instructed at the entrance door.
Everytime, our kids aged 4 and 6 used the pool, the other motel guests were annoyed. I promise our kids are not that noisy as you could think reading this now. They are just normal, well-behaving kids. The reason could have been the other guests´ age as we were the only guests with kids and the others all were 65+. After our boy was said to have broken the entrance door to the pool (a small door like a door to a garden) , a fact, which I personally doubt , as just 2 screws seemed to have loosened there, the owner totally freaked out, cried at us, that we destroyed a door worth a lots of hundred of dollars. Gladly, her husband calmed her down, said he would be sorry, we should not listen to her as this would be no problem at all. After that we agreed that we didn´t want to stay any longer and left after 5 days there together with a cash refund of the remaining days.
To summarize:
Even if the layout of the motel is nice and better like most other places, it still remains a motel. The palm garden you see on the pictures is very small, I would say, 50 ft x 50ft.
The whole motel is situated directly at A1A Highway , just a few plants divide the pool area from it.
Rooms are ok with a lot of care and individual interieur, but walls, washrooms still give a motel feeling.
Distance to beach and quality of beach was good.
Wireless LAN was not working as promised. (low signal, only possible outside the rooms). Most probably because of the metal curtain blinds, shielding off the signal.
We disliked most the owner watching every step we made in this small area.
We should have better read the critical comments before , as they pretty much tell the same about the owner, rather to simply look at the statistics.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
25  Thank travellingworldwide
Reviewed April 15, 2010

We stayed for 3 days a the Best Florida Resort. The rooms were cosy enough and very clean. Although the bed was not the most comfortable. The man that worked there was brilliant and very helpful upon checkin, but the woman was very rude, unapproachable and unhelpful. She could not even advise anything about public transport to and from her hotel. She snapped when any question was asked and couldn't keep eye contact, but instead made me feel very uncomfortable. The upside was the distance to the beach which was only a 2/3 minute walk away.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank klr79
Reviewed March 27, 2010

I'm from Ohio and I needed a 3 day get away. And what wonderful, relaxing and rejuvenating time I had at The Best Florida Resort. I felt like I was at home. Clean and quiet. Very close to the beach that is what I came for. Everything I needed was in walking distance. Grocery store, small shops, nice restaurants (if you wanted to eat out ask Tom) and did I mention the beach! It was absolutely great! Your place is unique and extraordinary! Thank you Tom and Bo! I will come again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo