“Wow! even nicer than photos!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lauderdale by the Sea
Beachside Village Resort
Martinez, Georgia
“Wow! even nicer than photos!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I travel from GA every Memorial Week to Key West. We chose Beachside Village Resort to beat the holiday traffic. Lucky was so accommodating over the phone we decided to come today Wednesday and stay here till early Saturday. I definitely am earning "coupons" with my lovely bride of 26 years so far! Lucky greeting us at the Office and knew who we were from my earlier phone call and immediately offered us a wine and ice cold beer! She had me at "Hello"! The landscaping, pool , and most importantly rooms are immaculately maintained. Our son owns a landscaping company in Augusta and he would give these folks all A's. I love the hardwood floors in the room- I even removed my sandals before coming in...This Place is That Clean!

Room Tip: We were poolside in room17, all rooms look to be conveniently located.
1 Thank Garnersteve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Finnish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just got back from a week-end stay at BVR and I am so glad we chose this place. Just as the other reviewers have said this place is a great find. I think Moka_Chai's review was spot on and I agree with everything said in that review as well as all the other positive reviews.

The hotel has all been updated and the property is meticulously maintained, the staff friendly, professional and helpful. The rooms are delightful...sunny, cheerful and sparkling clean. Everything is newly painted, newly decorated and fresh.Wonderful fluffy white towels in the bathrooms and fluffy white bedding. No old smelly carpeting and musty drapes in this place...the floors in our room were nice wood laminate, the windows had white plantations shutters, the walls were painted a soothing blue above pretty white bead-board paneling and there was white trim and crown molding thru out the bedroom and bathroom. The furniture is a lovely cream color and looked brand new. As others have stated the attention to detail is impressive, down to the ribbon tied rolls of toilet paper! The bathrooms have hairdryers and little bottles of mouthwash, shampoo and lotion, etc.

Our room was a hotel room not a studio but we still had a coffee maker, small fridge, microwave and little kitchen area stocked with kitchenware.

In addition there are bottles of sunscreen by the pool near the office for the guests to use. They also offer the free use of beach towels, bicycles, beach chairs and kayaks.

There are two lovely pools, several outdoor grills and a great rooftop deck for sunbathing or where you can enjoy the view of the ocean. Plenty of comfortable chairs for lounging by the pool as well as pool cabana's and tables with umbrellas.

Morning and evening coffee offered and lemon water all day long.

The staff is so friendly and always asking how you are doing and if you need anything.

This place is not your average hotel it is so much nicer.

One more thing BVR also owns several restaurants within walking distance and you are given coupons for free drinks and food discounts when checking in, including free breakfast on weekdays.

Everything is within walking distance from the hotel and you really don't need to use your car at all if you don't want to.

One thing to mention is that on Fri. and Sat nites the streets down by the pier are closed off and there is live music and dancing. Great fun and free entertainment.

All in all this is a great place and we are already planning to go back next month.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We rented 3 rooms with friends and the 6 of us had an excellent time at BVR. We were so glad that we read other reviews of the this hotel. As the other reviews state the service is excellent. The staff are so accommodating and friendly. The owners are busy updating and modernizing the rooms, which look great. If your looking for a place to stay for a few days or longer in the LBTS area, this is the place to choose by none. Close to the beach and excellent restaurants and pubs.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Just spent the weekend at this wonderful place! We loved it! A hidden gem at LBTS! Beautiful room, comfy beds, soft towels and such a pleasant pool scene! Coffee was tasty too! Great location close to the best Pub.

• Stayed May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I've read all the amazing reviews on TA and I don't know how much more great/better things I can say about this beautiful resort but I will try. The room we stayed in was charming and nicely decorated. The attention to detail was great (like the monogram sticker and ribbon on the roll of toilet paper, separate wash towel for make up removal, the bath linen were thick and soft, etc...) and although we were on ground level next to the pool and facing the street, we could hardly hear any noise. The bed was so comfortable and the linen smelled nice and fresh. Everything in the room was in working order.

There are two pool areas which were nicely maintained and very clean. The pool furniture were not those tacky lounge chair with plastic strips but simple and modern and sturdy. I loved the complimentary coffee and lemon infused water (oh and the offer of iced cold beer as we were checking in too) as well as the use of beach chair and towels we could just grab and go without the hassle of checking those out. The grounds were always tidy and I never saw trash.

Everyone working there was so friendly and nice. I didn't have a lot of interaction with the staff because everything was perfect and I didn't have to ask for much, but they all seemed to enjoy working there (I mean, who wouldn't? Nice resort, perfect weather, steps from the beach). And I appreciated the casual and sincere "how's it going? is everything okay?" just to make sure I was enjoying my stay - which I thoroughly was.

I would absolutely recommend BVR to anyone visiting the area. I was only there two nights and wished I had booked a longer stay.

2 Thank Moka_Chai
NC
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I will definitely be going back! We had a wonderful time. The room was immaculate and had all the amenities that we could ask for The staff was friendly and courteous. Even the guests were all friendly.
The pools were well kept and the temperature was perfect. The owners even provide nice, large pool/beach towels. Coffee is available all morning long and lemon water all afternoon. Nice music by the pool in the afternoons. There is a grill available to guests which is great when you don't feel like leaving the resort. When you do go out to eat there are many restaurants within walking distance.
There are also plenty of stores within walking distance including a grocery store, liquor store, pharmacy and more.
The beach is directly across the street and the resort even provides beach chairs for guests to take.
I loved everything about this resort and have been telling friends and family all about it. I highly recommend this resort!!!

Room Tip: BEST of Lauderdale by the Sea!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cherice71
Gold Canyon, Arizona
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Was traveling with my daughter's small dog, so needed to find a pet-friendly hotel--was hoping to find a clean room, but not expecting much more--was I wrong! This cute little place is across the street from the beautiful beach in a wonderful location. The rooms are recently renovated, with wooden floors, plantation shutters, and nice touches that make it seem like you are staying more in a home that a hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful, and we will definitely stay here again. As other reviewers have noted, there are two pool areas that are pleasant, you will be two minutes from the beach, and there are several different parks adjacant to the beach that contain comfortable chairs and umbrellas for shade, if you want to enjoy the ocean but not be on the sand. Breakfast is included with the room price, and restaurants and shopping are all within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo