“Great Guys”
Review of Gold Coast Scuba

Gold Coast Scuba
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Met Brian & Steve, rented gear to do a beach dive clinic with them. Prices were great, saw some awsome stuff. If you need anything localy for diving check them out. Also a great way to dive in the area check them out on line and join the meet up group.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was searching for a coral reef that I could snorkel from the shore. Lauderdale by the Sea got good reviews and Gold Coast Scuba seemed like the best outfit in town. They fitted us with wet suits. Then we followed them in our van to Datura Avenue where we parked. The waves were two to three feet tall and the visibility was less than five feet -- due to tropical storms Chris and Debbie. Gold Coast sent two guides -- both named Bryan -- for eight snorkelers. We all took a beating trying to get past the waves. One of the kids in the other group was unable to get past the waves so the guides called us all back in, which I thought was the responsible thing to do. We attempted again, this time with six snorkelers and two guides. Unfortunately, that was the only day we had, so we were going no matter what. The weather looked great, and the website said the seas should have been calm. In a nut shell, Gold Coast did everything right, we were happy with everything they did, and we would have had a great time if the weather were more cooperative. Obviously that was out of their hands.

1  Thank CarmelasHusband
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Today I was in search of a rental tank and the shop I usually go to was not answering the phone during their store hours. A friend told me about Gold Coast and within one ring of the telephone, I was able to speak with Steve who told me they had both Dinn and Yoke Rentals available. As soon as I walked in, Steve was very professional and made sure that I had everything I needed for the days dive down to asking if I needed change for the parking meters! I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me! Anyways, it was such a pleasure doing business with someone so friendly and professional. I honestly wish I knew about this shop sooner because they match and beat prices. I've been to plenty of dive shops, but I will definitely be getting my gear and be taking future lessons through this shop after my experience. Thanks for making this great sport even better!

Regards,
John

2  Thank JohnSpina
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This shop has beach dives every day and will help you find a buddy to dive with. They offer a unique combination of social events and beach and boat dives. They have a friendly helpful staff and great prices!

6  Thank aupsetdiver
Reviewed January 10, 2012

While on a work trip to South Florida, a few buddies and I had a last minute idea to do a night shore dive underwater at midnight on new years eve. The first place I called was Gold Coast Scuba on the morning of December 31, 2011 and told them our idea. The guy I spoke with, Dave, liked the idea and decided to go with us and guide us on a reef a block from his shop. We had a few minor issues when fitting our gear since i'm 6'3 and one of my dive buddies is 6'5 with a size 15 shoe! But we got both of us fitted although it required a bit of creativity. Everyone at the show was friendly and you could tell just love diving. I was VERY happy with the quality of the rental gear. My reg breathed great and the BC was weight integrated. I was most impressed with the quality of their air. There was zero odor or anything unpleasant about breathing their air. You can tell they have good filtration. We met Dave around 10 at his shop, loaded gear and after a short briefing, headed to the beach. The dive itself was OK. We saw a few fish, lobster, shrimps, rays. Nothing spectacular, but was a fun dive anyway, and a GREAT way to bring in the new year, descending in 2011 and surfacing in 2012! This will certainly be one of the most memorable dives ever and we couldn't have done it without the extra (after hours) help from Gold Coast Scuba.

2  Thank FoolishBurrito