“Peaceful Vietnamese Lunch”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stopped here for a light ethnic lunch and immediately loved the location and its ambiance. It's tiny, but serene and the waiter was extremely patient and calm. We had a large lunch entree to share, I believe it was the Cripsy beef. The noodles were superb and the veggies were tender and there was a large variety of them. Nice surprise for us was the Shrimp crisp they had as an appetizer (for free) and they were very interesting. Liked this place a lot.

There are newer reviews for Basilic Vietnamese Grill

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place is not too bad for Vietnamese food. The shaking beef, the crepes, and papaya salad are good. The combination pho and the Hue spicy noodle were just so so. We are still searching for an excellent Vietnamese restaurant. And the search continues...

1  Thank TWOFLORIDATRAVELERS
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Always enjoy this local place. Great food especially the shakin beef ! never had a bad meal . Staff is friendly ... decent wines for a small place. Walking distance to beach and local night night.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

i know this restaurant isn't new, but my first visit was only two days ago. I love Vietnamese food, but haven't found anyplace locally worth repeat visits until my trip to Basilic Vietnamese Grill. The interior is decorated in a modern and inviting way. The food was very good. We started with a Vietnamese crepe appetizer which was huge and delicious. For my entree, I had a crispy noodle seafood bowl, chock full of seafood, a yummy sauce and fresh basil. My partner ordered the pork chops. They came out overcooked and very tough and dry. The server couldn't have been nicer about it, offering to bring him a new plate of pork chops or something else on the menu. He chose a spicy beef and tofu lemongrass noodle dish, which was great. A reasonably priced bottle of an Australian white wine blend topped off the meal. Definitely going back again.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I went to Basilic because he loves good Vietnamese (had been there during the war and recalls restaurants in Saigon with fondness) and because I'd bought him a Groupon deal for his birthday. The place is small and was nearly full when we arrived, but there was a table right near the door, which I stupidly thought would be quieter than the other part of the place. At the lovely waitress's suggestion we ordered the Spring rolls and the crepe with shrimp, sprouts and greens, followed by a huge noodle dish for my husband and a lemongrass chicken dish for me. We were struck by how incredibly bland and tasteless the appetizers were and how totally dependent they are on sauces for any taste. My entree was full of salt and my husband was so full of appetizers by the time he got his entree that he had very little appetite, but he said he liked it, after trying to season it up a bit with some of that pale orange liquid they give you for other things. By this time, there were people waiting to be seated all around us, which makes for a less than optimum experience. Will be go back? Nope. But, the price is right there. It's moderately priced, which I'm sure is a good draw. Parking is hard to come by, which is typical for the town.

2  Thank PamelaFisk