“Underwhelming”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Went to this restaurant with my mom for dinner before proceeding to the Commercial blvd live music festivities. The interior is decorated nicely, with bamboo "wallpaper" on the walls and around the bar. The menu has quite a bit of variety and everything sounded good. My mom unfortunately ordered the wrong apetizer, and we received the cold rice paper shrimp and pork spring rolls instead of the deep fried kind. We enjoyed it, but it wasn't what we originally wanted. For our entree's, my mom and I both ordered the wok fried noodles, mine with the seafood and hers with beef. The portion was large with lots of fresh vegetables, but the seafood was barely warm and the noodles were sitting in a liquidly sauce with very little flavour. Overall, the dishes were very bland and neither of us finished our meal. I wouldn't recommend this as your first option for vietnamese.

1  Thank aqualina1919

Reviewed April 21, 2012

The place is small with not much atmosphere but the food and the service were both great. And prices were reasonable.
Its just a couple blocks from the main square. Worth the walk if you enjoy good vietnamese food. My husband isn't one to try much outside the "box" but even he gave it a thumbs up!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

This restaurant was outstanding. I have always wanted to go, and I finally did. The beef fresh rolls are out of this world. They were exactly that, fresh. The hint of the asian basil made them zippy and the sauce they came with was well prepared. The shrimp rice crackers they give you first are also very good. The sauces that accompany them are spicy and well flavored. The grilled chicken Pho is enough for two. The pho was authentic and again, fresh.The pork chops were tender and juicy and they came with a yummy chopped slaw of carrots and daikon. The restaurant is clean and it is very pretty. You wouldn't expect to see what you do from the outside, but when you walk in - it is quite nice! They have 2 for 1 from 4-6 so that makes the bill nice. The place is not outrageous in cost at all. It is actually incredibly well priced for the amount of food you get. I cannot wait to go back and try more!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

chicken pao soup is our favorite large portion - staff is excellent

Reviewed January 16, 2012

The menu is sized appropriately for this small, clean establishment near the beach. It is a good place for a nicely prepared meal whether you are visitors to the Fort Lauderdale area or residents. The waitstaff was winning on the two occasions we ate there in as many months. However, I wish there were more dishes emphasizing grilled fish and vegetables.