“Awesome Huge Deli Sandwiches for a Great Price”
Review of LaSpada's Hoagies - MOVED

LaSpada's Hoagies
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Awesome Huge Deli Sandwiches for a Great Price”
Reviewed April 26, 2010

Skyline should take note. This place is awesome, they load your sandwich with meat and the prices are very fair. The italian is the way to go, the jalapenos top it off and like i said the sand wich is just loaded with meat. The folks there do a great job and are fun to watch.

1 Thank GMan5431

NYC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“can't beat it!”
Reviewed February 16, 2010

it's my first stop from the airport before i even reach my hotel. tiny sub joint with HUGE sandwiches on fantastic bread. grab one and drive the few blocks to the beach and eat it on the sand ... perfection.

1 Thank smith057
South Miami, Florida
“Best sandwich ever for 20 years until now, try another location!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2009

I was first introduced to Laspada in the 80's and hands down best sandwich ever made, frequented regularly over the years, the location in Lauderdale by the sea next to the beach was ideal, great food, overstuffed amazing sandwiches, great staff, dedicated they all "rock". Even when I moved out west a trip to the beach included a Laspada stop it was inevitable, so many years of consistantly awesome service and product, you "dreamt about their sandwiches". 20 some years later I am fortunate enough to have a home in Lauderdale by the sea and introduced my husband to Laspada's which became a local favorite (we literally walk there) what a treat!! Today as we made our way to the beach we decided it would be a Laspada's day and looked forward to stopping in on our walk home (3 blocks). They recently opened in Boca and we did not recognize one face from our previous frequent visits in the last year (how sad). The vibe was off, the staff seemed far from what we remember, not up beat and cool like their signature vibe but stiff and frankly miserable. As I read the local newspaper my husband watched them make our sandwiches, he mentioned his disproval at the way in which the maker was haphazardly throwing in together, the women slicing meat watched as our guy threw oregano and pepper on in mounds, she just shook her head, then the tuna- for the first time they LEVELED THE SCOOP for as long as I know their sandwich was so heavy and overstuffed it was almost too big and hard to fit in your mouth, my husband asked if it looked weak and small to me- I looked up and was shocked, but judging from the look on the faces of these "boys" behind the line they could care less what anyone had to say.
Fine, okay they took all the "veteran" staff to the new opening in Boca... but the major insult was at the register. Let me preface by saying my husband and I have been in the restaurant business and food industry for 25+ years, from dishwasher to Corporate Vice President of one of the largest food chains in America, we "get it", we've been there and done it all- so the fine gentleman behind the register proceeded to tell us (the customer whom the golden rule is typically we are always right, yes, yes whatever you say what can i do to make you happy) that he has worked for this company for ? years and they make the sandwich the same as always... they weight the meat (so I guess we are just idiots). It got ugly the minute he chose to defend himself and come out swinging (not very professional and the laugh at the end sealed the deal) It was nothing short of a knock down fight. Hello, Laspada... this guy may very well be a very good employee for you, dedicated, knowledgeable, reliable and experienced...BUT HE IS THE WRONG GUY TO BE THE FACE FOR THE PUBLIC, he has absolutely no skill at how to handle, defuse and just plain talk to the public, I am sure he is the nicest guy to know- to his friends, but he is totally inept at speaking to strangers who may have less than glowing comments. We paid for our food, my husband was fuming mad, the whole walk home he ranted about the disrespect and disgusting treatment and swore we will NEVER go back.
Golden rule guys... 1 good customer tells 2 friends, 1 angry customer tells 100 friends.
In their defense- the food was fresh, downside- terrible sandwich, they both ended up in the garbage- way too much spice, too much vinegar, to little veggies, it looked weak and tasted terrible. I can only say the person who made my sandwiches was either not trained properly or just doesn't care, either way he is in the wrong place. The register guy (a blonde with beard and I have never seen him before like I said I am a regular) was way out of line and just didn't know how to handle the situation.
If you want a sandwich that is over the top- do yourself a favor the $10.00 sandwich will be worth the extra drive to another location and hopefully the other locations are "the original" if you can't get to another location...skip it. You will be very disappointed in the quality. I compared our sandwich to the pictures I found on facebook (the way they use to look) and it is surprisingly awful, I may post them here, for those of you who have never been- you may love it, but it is NOTHING like what it use to be, its too late for us, my husband will never go back, but I hope for all the locals that have supported this business for so many years it recovers quickly because they've let us down, even if it was for a day, but that unfortunately is unlikely.

2 Thank all4luxery
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
“Best Hoagies in South Florida”
Reviewed November 13, 2009

LaSpada's Hoagie shop is the best sandwich shop in South Florida. The deli meat is sliced fresh to order and they don't skimp on the meat. This mainly a take out sub shop so do not go expecting to sit down and eat lunch however if you are looking for the best take out sandwich shop this is your place.

1 Thank Bruno-Stella