“Beautiful place”

Blue Seas Courtyard
New jersey
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed December 16, 2010

This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. It is spotlessly clean and beutifully decorated. The motif is Mexican and everywhere you look you see different pieces of artwork. The owners, Christy and Mark, are both artists and it is reflected in their beautiful hotel. It is small and intimate and very comfortable. We liked it so much we booked another trip for January.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fletcr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed December 4, 2010

I've been coming to LTBS for over 30 years. Used to stay in named chain hotels (ho-Jos, Holiday Inn) and they were pretty nice back in the day. New ownership of several hotels on or near the beach has been disasterous. Hotels owned and operated by foreign interests where I've stayed over last few years had almost made me abandon Lauderdale by the Sea, until I tried Blue Seas. Well run, clean, friendly and owners on site. Other hotels in area run from Detroit (Metropolitan Group) stay away!! The other places may be a few dollars cheaper, but if staying in roach and rat infested hotels to save a few bucks is ok with you, then save the few dollars. I'd rather stay at Blue Seas, and be safe and comfortable. Great internet on site and chairs to use on the beach are both free with your stay. Love this place, and will continue to stay here until it gets bought by "foreign " interests. Hope it never happens

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lauderdalebeachfan
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I needed to find a place for my parents to stay that was close to my home in Fort Lauderdale. Because I did not have room to put them up myself, I wanted a nice place that was not too expensive and had something to offer as far as location. This is just across the way from the beach and just a few blocks walk to the "center" of town. I really checked out several places before I found this one and I am SO glad I did! I was on a budget and I did find other places that were only slightly less expensive but they were terribly neglected and very disappointing. Other places were twice the price only because they were on the other side of the street and did not have half the charm Blue Seas has. I was delighted to find a place that was so beautifully decorated and maintained. It truly is a spectacle with all the colorful mexican pottery, wall murals and fountains. It's over-the-top and not just in the common areas. Every room is exploding with fun little details. It is obvious that a lot of love and care goes into the look of this place and Cristie and Marc Furth, who have been caring for it since 1972 could not have been more welcoming and engaging! My parents absolutely LOVED the place and plan to return with friends. I highly recommend this place to anyone who appreciates detail to design, friendly service and very comfortable beds. Thank you, Cristie and Marc for the warm hospitality. It was greatly appreciated! Keep up the awesome work!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank John S
Reviewed November 23, 2010

we have just returned from a week-end of R&R at the blue sea ,and it was great! super clean and comfortable.what more could you ask for .christy was a joy to deal with friendly and helpful.i am already checking my calander to see when i can go back

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suetrn
Eufaula, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I'm ready to go back tomorrow! Blue Seas Courtyard was just what we were looking for: a reasonably priced, clean, comfortable room with a friendly staff near the ocean. We could not have found better. My brother and I with our wives booked a cruise out of Miami and needed a place to stay before and after the cruise. We searched and researched on Tripadvisor. Finally I called Blue Seas the day before our flight not really expecting them to have a room available, and to my joy there was a vacancy. What we found upon arrival was a choice of rooms, each quite charming, meticulously clean, ocean view, short walk to the beach, beach towels and lounge chairs provided, clean pool, friendly folks, great restaurants within short walking distance, wonderful neighborhood .... we were so pleased we booked another night after our return from the cruise. Can't wait to go again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank elkhunter01
Little River, South Carolina
Reviewed October 14, 2010

As you arrive at the Blue Seas Courtyard,the sign in the front has the words 'charming accomodations' under the name.This is certainly true.The rooms are comfortable and clean.Access to the beach(beautiful and spotless)is about a 100 foot walk across the street.The fenced in courtyard has the built in pool that has a 6 foot section which is great for taller people.A group or a couple have plenty of room around the pool to sit and enjoy the many pretty flowers,unusual palms,fountains and colorful ceramic creatures that welcome you every time you are poolside or when leaving your room.You feel like you are in a large Latin villa compound with all the murals and stencilled paintings that decorate the propertyThe owners are always there to meet any needs you may have or just for a very informative conversation..I have stayed in newer hotels but our 5 night stay here was one of my most enjoyable experiences ever.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank raylc
BlueSeasCourtyard, Owner at Blue Seas Courtyard, responded to this review, November 2, 2010
Thank you for your wonderful comments. One of our greatest pleasures as innkeepers for the last 40 years has been sharing stories with our guests and happily answering questions about how the Blue Seas Courtyards was transformed into the charming Mexican-style hacienda it is today!
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I have just returned with my three-year-old twins and my husband from a trip to Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, place that I chose thinking mainly on the shopping at Sawgrass Mill. After a long search for a hotel with fully equipped kitchen, I decided to follow Fodor’s recommendation, which was the best thing I could have done. We stayed in a very spacious and comfortable one bedroom apartment that had everything I could need, from the hot shower and the comfortable beds to the really fully equipped kitchen with stove, microwave, a wonderful refrigerator, full set of dishes, glasses and cooking material. We found the room, as the whole hotel, really clean, what is of main importance when we travel with small kids, the pool was perfect and always clean, and the neighborhood was really silent, though near the main street. The free parking just in front of the hotel was also a good thing, and the laundry facility in site helped us a lot. All this made the shopping tour with the family a lot easier. I will surely return for a longer stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family