“Home away from home!!!”

Blue Seas Courtyard
Levittown, New York
“Home away from home!!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

We found Blue Seas by accident 3 years ago now we try to get there two times a year.It is beautiful , clean and the staff are great Christi and Mark do everything to make your stay out standing. I love that the pool is right outside your door the grounds are well kept there always doing things to make it better. We were talking to Christi about there tv's and she wants to up date those as well. Everything you need is in walking distance.This time there our son and brother came with us for a wedding they two thought is was a beautiful hotel and would like to come back my son took many pictures what can I say we love it there and thank Christi, Mark , Gary and Rosa for all they do to make our stay pleasent.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Adrian1212

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 8, 2010

My family and I just returned from a week long trip. We had a wonderful family suite by the pool. The inn keepers were fabulous and they and their charming caretaker Gary and housecleaner kept us very happy. The owners are also very artistic and have decorated the inn in a very tasteful, southwest style. The pool is surrounded by lovely art to look at, and beautiful palm trees. The rooms were fully equipped with everything we needed, including refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishes. It was right across from the beach and there were plenty of places to walk to nearby. I think it's a fabulous deal and I would definitely return. It's rare to find such a treasure with so many personal touches. It was also immaculate when we arrived. I really wouldn't ask for anything else.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Erika S
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2010

This charming Old Florida establishment has been carefully restored in keeping with it's charm. If you want a touch of old Mexico sitting on the beach, this is it. We have visited before and will certainly do so again. Lauderdale-by-the-Sea is a safe, quiet and peaceful area, far from the crowds.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank imgrami2
Sugar Hill, Ga
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I would just like to say that the hotel was absolutely wonderful, it had outstanding service. The rooms where very clean and decorated beautiful. My kids where very happy and comfortable in our joining rooms, that was an extra plus! I was traveling just with my two boys and I felt safe.
It was very serene, especially enjoyed the trickling of the water falls outside near the pool. It felt like a slice of paradise!
I was also impressed that they even had extra chairs and umbrellas for the beach!
And the restaurants are just a walk down the street, a pleasure, no cars needed!
I must say, the owners of the Blue Sea made us feel so welcome and special, like we were family! Thank you!
Can't wait to book my next vacation to come back again!
One relaxed family,
Lisa Bortzner and boys.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Luckystar3393
Michigan
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Blue Seas

Not as good as it looks

We chose this hotel for a brief stay based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and were slightly disappointed. The hotel and its surroundings were certainly unique - even a bit "charming," as the place describes itself on its sign - but there were a few things I didn't like about it.

The room was large and whimsically decorated in a Mexican motif, a welcome change from some of the other sterile beach hotels we've been to. There was a full kitchen in our room, including fridge, stove and just about every pot, pan or utensil you might need. We didn't cook, so I can't tell you how well everything worked, but it appeared to be a nice setup.

The TV was small, but had DirecTV, so the picture was good and there was a large variety of channels.

The mattress on the bed was very firm, to the point of being too hard to sleep on, but we managed.

The shower had plenty of hot water, but the water pressure was very weak, and after a day at the beach, it's nice to have a strong shower afterward. This one didn't qualify. The hotel didn't supply any bath products besides soap, though there was a hair dryer, something that can be a hit-or-miss proposition in budget beach hotels.

Overall, the room was very nice, but the bed and shower - the two things that matter most - were the worst aspects.

The good-sized pool was appealingly tiled and the water was the perfect temperature, but it wasn't very clean. It looks appealing from a distance, but when I got in, I was constantly pushing away dead insects and little leaves. The leaves didn't surprise me, since there were palm trees and other plants surrounding the pool, but the bugs were a definite nuisance. If there had been a pool skimmer nearby, I might have picked it up myself and tried to grab some of them to make for a better swim. The chairs around the pool were also dirty - when I sat down in my wet suit and stood up later, little pools of dirty water were on the chair. I'll give the hotel the benefit of the doubt and assume they were between pool cleanings, though I noticed another review with a similar complaint. Several birds also flew onto the ledge surrounding the pool and drank the water or used it as a birdbath, which is either gross or funny, depending on your point of view.

The hotel is located directly across the street from a beach access point, so there's not far to go to swim in the ocean. The hotel is also within walking distance of the restaurants in town, which is nice. (We especially like the Village Grille.)

The Blue Seas is a perfectly acceptable motel at a reasonable price (we paid about $125), but given the problems we encountered - minor as they might be - and the number of options in LBTS, we'd probably stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank MichiganBlf
BlueSeasCourtyard, Owner at Blue Seas Courtyard, responded to this review, August 1, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. We have so many positive reviews that when a guest has a few suggestions, we take them to heart. We have a full time maintenance person who skims /cleans the pool consistently since we have a very tropical courtyard area with alot of foliage. Perhaps your short visit was right after a high wind, but please be assured we will keep a keen eye to make sure our pool remains spotless! Our beds are top-quality latex foam and usually wins rave reviews from our guests - however, you have inspired me to check out adding pillowtops for our guests who might prefer a more cushy sleep. Water pressure in our showers has not been a problem except when we are adding water to our pool but, just to make sure, we have checked all of our shower heads to guarantee excellent water pressure.
So sorry you had a puddle on your lounge chair - we promise to give them extra attention, they are usually very clean and are brand new. Yes, we do have alot of feathered-friends! Our pool is the only pool in the area with a ledge they can get a little water on their wings and enjoy a bath. May is especially busy with the local birds because its nesting season. Most guests enjoy the show and the natural setting. Again, thank you for your comments and please give the Blue Seas Courtyards another try when visiting Lauderdale-by-the-Sea again.
N.J.
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I and my family 'heart" Blue Seas. I travel all the time for business and this beat a fancy concierge-type chain hands down. Blue Seas is about attention to detail, noticed from the first glance of a flowing fountain to the hand-painted artwork that graced everything from the walls of our rooms to the hacienda-like atmosphere of the beautiful pool area. My mom has lived in this town for 30 years and we stayed at Blue Seas just to give everyone more elbow room. What a treat! It is just across the street from the beach and right on El Mar Drive, which is a wonderful place to walk, dine, ride bikes, etc. You don't need a car in Lauderdale by the Sea, everything within easy walking distance. Go there and stay at Blue Seas! You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank N_j_EchoBravo
Houston
Reviewed May 12, 2010

My husband and I were there for a quick dive get-away for his birthday. This was our second time to visit.

The location is great. We love to be able to within walking distance of restaurants, grocery stores, etc. The beach is just across the street with easy access to the beachfront.

The atmosphere at this property is very relaxed and tranquil. We love that the rooms include a kitchenette with a generous sized refrigerator. Since it is a small property be aware that you don't have 24 hour service like a resort. (Also remember that there is no maid service on Sundays so make certain you have enough beach and bath towels on Saturday.)

I am certain we will be back again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple