“Nice surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tropic Seas Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lauderdale by the Sea
Tropic Seas Resort
Dieburg
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Found this hotel by driving past. There are many hotels in that street and we would have been spoiled for choice if there would have been vacancies! This one was almost the only one with a room available and therefore my expectations weren't great.
The room was small and to be honest not all that clean. Bed was good and the yellow décor made us feel comfortable. The small garden with pool is very pretty and through a gate you have immediate access to the huge beach. It is wonderful to sit on the veranda overlooking the sea. In the morning you can help yourself to delicious coffee and wrapped pastries.
The pier, restaurants, bars and shops are a 10 minute walk away. It's a quiet and peaceful neighbourhood. We only stayed one night but I would have been happy to stay a bit longer.

Room Tip: If you want it quiet try to stay away from family rooms!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anja70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Akron, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

just got back from a stay at Tropic Seas and cant say anything bad. Linda at the front desk was very pleasant and the room was nice with a awesome view of the ocean. It was a very relaxed setting and the bed was comfortable. I was even allowed to keep my car parked there after checkout to be able to still hang out on the beach. would definitely stay here again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Johnsburg, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

What a wonderful gem in Lauderdale by the Sea!! The staff is friendly and caring. The hotel is clean and the beds are fabulous. I had to get the name of the pillows and mattress' manufactures to order and have at home.

The ocean front view and pool is everything that anyone could ask for. We will be visiting them again.

Thank you for a wonderful week!.

Lynn & Rick H.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynn H
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Step through the archway at the front of the motel and you will be pleasantly surprised! It is a little oasis. I think the name should be "Tropic Oasis" because that is what it was. We had a lovely room with modern furnishings and decorations. The king-size bed was the most comfortable I've EVER slept on, including my own bed. I told my husband to "just pack it on top of the Jeep and let's take it home," that's how good it was. Plus, I always bring my own pillow because I am hard to please when it comes to pillows. I put my head on the pillow that was on the bed and I suddenly started stripping the pillow case off so I could find out what company made that pillow. I immediately ordered me one online. I loved it! The manager, Eleanor Parker, was such a gracious hostess. She showed us our room before we paid for it - we knew what we were getting. The morning view was breathtaking! I am serious when I say that if I could have never returned home, that I would have been fine with that as long as I could have just stayed right there. Of all the hotels we stayed in during our trip down the Gulf Coast of Florida, to Key West, and back up the East Coast side, THIS was by far the BEST stay of the entire trip! Loved it!

Room Tip: The manager can help you pick out a room that is just right!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pat P
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

What a beautiful ocean front resort. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, fresh lines and relaxing pool area. We were only steps away from the ocean and downtown restaurants. All of the staff were always friendly and helpful with directions. I will revisit this resort in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kurt W
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

What a beautiful, relaxing hotel in Lauderdale by the Sea. Nice clean rooms, beautiful pool and amazing beach. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful! I enjoyed my stay and will recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Amy W
Helens Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Three generations of us spent a couple of nights here as part of a road trip, and we couldn't have chosen any better. The three rooms we were given were all beautifully decorated and well equipped. The bed was extremely comfortable too !

The location is second to none, right on the beach. Because it was just after Labor Day the place was rather empty, sometimes we were the only people by the pool.

I didn't want to leave. Two days relaxation here is better than a week in other places I have visited.

Highly recommended. If anyone is looking for a base in this area of Florida then look no further than Tropic Seas. We will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family