“A Place of Relaxation and Compfort”

A Little Inn By The Sea
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband, daughter and I spent a week at Little Inn By the Sea and we had a wonderful time. The people running the front desk could not help you enough. The accommodations were great. Beach and pool steps away. Complimentary breakfast from 8-10 everyday consisted of coffee, tea, juice, fruit, yogurt, bagels, toast, muffins and all kinds of cereals. No need to go out and by breakfast. I will definitely be returning to this hotel in the future.

Vic & Gina Chicago, IL

Room Tip: Had an efficiency room by the pool and made it easy access to beach also.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
mylittleinn, General Manager at A Little Inn By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review for A Little Inn by the Sea. I am so happy to hear that you and your family had a relaxing and peaceful stay with us. The Little Inn is a perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
We are very appreciative of your patronage and look forward to you staying with us again.
On behalf of the Staff and myself...Thank you!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Seriously I"ve stayed all over , both good & bad hotels, motels, resorts....but NO A/C, RAT DROPPINGS, MILDEW SMELL, OLD EVERYTHING, BRICKS TO HOLD PORCH DOOR OPEN, & yes theyll tell you they have "updated" some rooms, but that wouldnt matter, a new TV or some wicker chairs isnt near enough. Its ashame cause in its day it was amazing & with some caring owners it could be fabulous place ! You can see no one cares, thinking same uncaring owners as ( Villa Caprice) also Lauderdale-by-the sea ! Best part is ( NOT) they wouldnt refund my money, Im not kidding I was there for maybe 30 mins...( Of course my Credit Card refunded me) I did get a discount rate to like 80 bucks, but I wouldnt sleep in those beds for free !

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LOOCHIE
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This really is a lovely location, and it seems that it would not take that much money to polish it up. The first night we were there, we encountered noisy young people, yelling in the corridors, slamming doors until all hours of the night. My husband needed to do work on the internet, and there was no internet to be had in the entire hotel; further, there was no staff on hand to complain to. He ended up going to an environment which was uncomfortable to him to do very pressing professional work--a smoky bar, which he had to run through the rain with a laptop to find. Bookit.com had advertised the hotel as having "complimentary wifi." This was a real problem. The beach is beautiful. The pool was kept beautifully clean, but it was uncomfortably cold. There were no flat-screen TV's; normally we can watch movies with our computer. Can't do it here. We used the kitchen to cook, although one of the burners did not work. The bedding is outdated and ugly, especially for Florida. Dark maroon bedspread, instead of a light Floridian theme. The people were accommodating, when they were there, but the place just needs some more money put into it. Breakfast was very basic--nothing hot or proteinous. It was sadly not up to the standards I expect from a Florida vacation. Needs some real TLC from management. Speaking of management, Brent was as nice as could be, and really very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank your very helpful response! We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay at A Little Inn. I am pleased to know that the staff and location pleased you. I am also very excited to tell you that we are currently undergoing renovations this summer that will bring our Little Inn up to the standards you deserve.
We are looking forward to your return visit very soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This nice, cozy and family friendly hotel, is my perfect get away from home! We live 12 mts away
from the hotel, and have visited it about 15 times on the past 5 years. We love this please! not only because of their awesome location (front of beach), but also bc the amenities, nice pool area, clean cozy rooms, staff is super super nice, and my family loves it!!
We can't wait to go back, and we will, because prices are affordable on times like this. I give this beautiful place 10 points, and I recommended to every one, even if you live close by, but no close enough from the beach, this is the place to go!!!
Also wanted to thank the staff for making our and each stay a pleasant and comfortable experience, specially Rene, because of her personality and awesome coffee!!

Room Tip: I recommend room #204, bc it has a great view of the beach and pool area.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

It is so wonderful to know that you were so pleased with your vacation at our lovely Little Inn. Thank you so much for the very nice review. We cannot wait to see you again. Thank you for being a part of the Little Inn Family

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed here several times over the past years, and my parents stayed for their annual March vacation for 7 years.
The hotel has gone downhill since new owners and new management about 5 years ago. My parents now stay at a different property. I decided to stay this past weekend, fully knowing the room will be old, badly in need of repair have a sparcely supplied kitchen and we cover all furniture and take the bedspread off the bed.
The location is the best in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, right on the beach.
If you want a hotel on the beach the location can't be beat. Read the other reivews on here and make your own decision.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Although a little leary of past negative reviews, we were in love with the pictures of the lush, tropical setting as opposed to just a concrete building. Let me say, it was heaven! We requested a king bed room and early check-in, no problem. Beach nearly on the property, awesome. Pool sparkling clean & refreshing. Dean went out of his way for us and was constantly cleaning & repairing. Breakfast plentiful, free parking, other guests friendly & happy. No, its not the Ritz but we prefer smaller, older resorts. This one is loaded with old Florida charm and I can honestly say we used nearly every amenity they had. Bed very comfy, best sleep I had in months! Two blocks walk to the supermarket, liquor store & dollar store made it easy to cook on the gas grill every night by the pool & having breakfast on the patio with the beautiful sea breeze blowing, so wonderful. Friendly folk every place we went. The first night, there was an outdoor concert in front of the greek restaurant with dancing, so fun! The only negative I can recall were the two "real estate people" nosing around and asking questions of us and other guests, which was out of management's control, as they stayed overnight. Brent, Renee & Rachael were all very professional & accommodating. Can't understand the negative reviews. Yes, the sliding door to our balcony was hard to manage: thats salt & sand. Welcome to the beach! And yes, Mary cleaned our room & switched out the towels EVERYDAY. Including Sunday. Do not believe everything you read. They are making improvements but the location & "right at home" feeling cannot be beat. Thanks for a wonderful stay, we will definitely be back in October!

Room Tip: Room 302 very nice, but you learn to plan your trips with all the stairs! The view of the ocean from...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KarenAMike
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was very hopeful that this would be a nice place to start our 10 day vacation in Florida. Thank goodness we were only booked here for only two nights of the 10! The only positive, the location is wonderful, being able to walk right out to the beach, to Arubas and the other outside activities going on there. We should have looked at the room before we paid because we never would have stayed. We had Room 204 over the office which did have a nice view of the pool and the ocean. We were told it would be more expensive to have an ocean front room which is unbelievable considering what they charged for the room we were in! There was black mold on the bathroom window and floor. The bathroom light fixture was rusted and probably there since the 50s. The slider to the "deck" was broken and hard to open. The curtains in front of the slider where threadbare and shredded on the bottom. The airconditioner did work but leaked. There was a towel below the air conditioner to catch the leaks which tiny ants were running around. The safe did not work. I was told the batteries were dead and could not be replaced. (Then get rid of them!). The refrigerator was very old and the door was crooked. Do I need to continue?? The ice maker was broken at The Little Inn but it's sister property which was closed for renovations (The Little Inn Too) had an ice machine that was working so had to walk over there. If they are smart, they will close down The Little Inn also and gut/renovate it! I was told by the afternoon desk manager that this property was a "palace" compared to another property the same owners had down the street that was closed. I can only imagine what that looked like. The owners should be ashamed of themselves. Until this place is closed and rehabed, skip it.

Room Tip: Well, if you don't mind a dirty room, ask for an ocean front.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple