“Great Selection of Craft Beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of 101 Ocean

101 Ocean
Reserve with OpenTable
101 Ocean is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Bar, Gastropub, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our restaurant is located right in the heart of picturesque Lauderdale by the Sea and we're just 50 yards from the beach. Our goal is to provide quality food and service at very affordable prices in casual, relaxed and beautiful surroundings. 101 Ocean is a casual yet classy restaurant with excellent food and an atmosphere that's always fun and entertaining. Happy hour from 5-7pm 7 days a week with 50% off drinks! We have a huge outdoor bar with multiple TV's and inside we have a beautiful fish tank that captivates the kids. Our restaurant welcomes everyone - we very much hope you'll visit us soon!
Barnegat, New Jersey
“Great Selection of Craft Beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I went here on a recommendation from someone that was staying at the hotel we were at. They said the food was good and great selection of craft beer. I can't speak for the food since we didn't have any but from what we saw, it looked good and smelled great. We only had drinks at this place. It took us 15 min to figure out what kind of beer we were having but we enjoyed all the beer we tasted.
Great location, good atmosphere. We originally we going here to be outside at a table and people watch but was raining so we were inside. Next time we are in this area, we will go back and actually eat here and sample other beers.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank erick4k

Midwest Illinois
“Terrible, rude service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I can't comment on the food, as the service was so terrible we never made it past drinks to ordering dinner. Our waitress was the most rude and unhelpful waitress I have ever experienced dining out. She rolled her eyes and had a major attitude every time we asked her a question that required her to go to the kitchen to ask about allergies. I would not recommend this restaurant. If you're in the area walk a few feet down to Athena by the Sea - where you'll have the best service and meal ever!

Visited June 2013
“Absolutely delicious ~ both times!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We dined here twice in 3 days. All meals were delicious. Wait staff was wonderful. Lasagna ~ chicken ~ grilled turkey sandwich

Plantation, Florida
“Fun Place on a Friday Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We went there with friends on a Friday evening and had such a nice time. The street was closed off for the area and there was a really good band playing. The food was very reasonably priced and very very tasty. The service was quite good. I highly recommend this place for an enjoyable evening with friends or family.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“A pleasant surprise --”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Growing up about a mile away from this beach spot, I generally know where to go or not go around here. Though all of the spots look cute, my husband and I often choose to eat "west of the bridge," generally favoring decent atmosphere + good food/value over amazing atmosphere + decent food + crappy value. However, it being my birthday in a few weeks, my husband wanted to take me out for a special afternoon, and after researching a bit on the net where I could get a fancy drink and some decent seafood, we happened upon this spot that lies a few miles south of us on A1A.

Though this restaurant, like many others which have adopted a "seat-yourself" vibe, started us off a little confused as one server told us to sit wherever we'd like and another popped up behind the host stand to accompany us to a table, the service that ensued left nothing to want. We requested to sit outside and were shortly thereafter greeted by our server. He was very friendly and professional and seemed to know quite a bit about the drink menu and helped to narrow my decision down between two martinis and finally help me decide. I got a blood-orange fizz which, though interesting for the layer of champagne, was still a little too sweet for my taste. It was well-made, but I was confused about it being light orange in color rather than the deep red I think of when I think of blood oranges (being also Italian). Next time I think I will try the grapefruit martini as I am much more of a bitter girl than sweet.

As for food, my husband and I shared two appetizers: the mussels and the meze plate (hummus, babba ganoush, tzatziki and spicy feta). First of all, the mussels were to die for and quite a large helping. They were in a white wine, garlic (maybe butter?) sauce served with two crisp pieces of bread for dipping (my only suggestion, maybe a little more bread to sop up the sauce afterwards, so I don't have to look like a weirdo eating spoonfuls of broth, haha). The meze plate was very fresh and accompanied by slices of toasted pita that were the perfect combination - my one confusion was not really being able to tell the difference between the hummus and the babba ganoush. Also, this is a good accompanying appetizers or good as something to munch on with drinks, but it might be a little smaller than you're thinking. But all in all the food was very good.

Atmosphere is also part of the experience you pay for when you come to this spot as you can sit outside and view the rest of Lauderdale-by-the-Sea and the hustle and bustle of beach-goers going about their day. It was a good experience and a spot I will definitely be back to with my husband and for girls' nights. Much to our surprise after mentioning to our server that we could not, in fact, come back for happy hour because we are always in our respective workplaces at that time, we received a good-sized ITB discout off our check and only ended up spending $40 (30% tip included)! It was a nice thought and a good way to give customers who are already enjoying themselves incentive to come back!