“beautiful seashore experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Mer Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lauderdale by the Sea
La Mer Motel
You added La Mer Motel to your Saves list
lauderdale by the sea, fl
“beautiful seashore experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I enjoy staying here since the management is organized and extremely conscientious, honest, efficient, and always available, rooms spacious and very clean, maid service dependable, charming seashore tropical surroundings and decor, close to everything; an all around enjoyable experience by the wonderful Atlantic Ocean; 5 star! want to stop by again and again for rest and relaxation and fun for sure anytime in the area.

Room Tip: pool area is quiet and so relaxing and healthy!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kathleen w

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have had the same apartment three different times.I have lived here for long periods of time.This time I brought my Mom.She is in the apartment next to me.We are both very happy here.The owners are wonderful people who are very professional and welcoming.The Manager is outstanding. I was in property management for years and she is a shining star.They have been doing some updating making the property even better.The property is close to stores,restaurants,bars, beach,and medical facilities.The pool is sparkling and it is relaxing to sit in the chairs by the courtyard and relax.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Alison H
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The hotel is in a great location across the street from the beach. The hotel is close to the restaurants and shops. This is a mom and pop hotel well kept and clean. The bathroom could use some upgrading, as the shower the bathtub was very old and rusted in some areas I also ran out of hot water within about 5 minutes of my showers, and the toilet handle needed to held down in order to flush properly.Also, the kitchen could use a new toaster (the handle was broken) and coffee maker. But, don't let this deter you from staying here. Just think of your vacation as a home away from home when you first moved away from home! The dishes, silverware and some of the decorations looked like they were garage sale finds - mismatched but charming! The beds are comfy and clean. You can tell the owners take pride in making sure their guests are happy. They even let us borrow some chairs and a beach umbrella to take to the beach. The courtyard area was very cute and well cared for and the pool was nice and refreshing! There are several lizards that live in the courtyard and a couple liked the area right outside of our door. They would always greet us as we came and went. By the middle of the week we had named them Fred and Ethel. We then noticed a couple more by the pool area and called them Lucy and Ricky!

One thing I do have to mention is that three nights in a row when we would come back for the evening we found one rather large cockroach (or maybe Palmetto bug?). We didn't see anymore, and we did report seeing them to the owner. So, I am sure she took care of the issue. Again, please don't let this deter you from staying here, I just felt like I needed to mention it. But, I would not hesitate to stay here again! This is a budget hotel in a nice area, with wonderful owners!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank landlocked1960
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I recently went to florida with my family of 5 and decided to stay at La Mer primarily because of the location. We were overwhelmed by the hospitality of the staff. Everyone was so nice to us and they constantly asked to make sure we or the children didn't need anything. The rooms were VERY clean compared to the rooms we've stayed in before in other hotels in the area. The location was perfect, walking distance to everything especially for the children. The room was perfect for the family with all the amenities, little kitchen made it perfect to prepare meals on the nights we didn't go out. Great experience, will definitely repeat it at La Mer.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JoJo_71971
Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

la mer motel has the best location by the beach by far.... the best part is as i got there i quickly realized that i wouldn't even need a car . the best foods and restaurant are right here one minute walking distance.
very friendly staff and ready to help at any time.
the rooms are clean and come with all amenities in including everything for the kitchen.
i would recommend this get away little place to anyone ready to relax and have a good time .

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Fineorchid
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

The best part of La Mer has to be its location! A block away from the beach, walking distance from the pier, restaurant and shops. The people managing were very nice and helpful. The room that we stayed in was good. It was clean, and spacious. I liked the fact that there was a small kitchen, And the out door area was relaxing. I would recommend this place to anyone who is on a budget and want to have a great time

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rg2590
Bavaria, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

When I arrived at La Mer, we were welcome with nice flowers and friendly people arround. The rooms were clean and enough space. The kitchen had everything I needed (stove, oven, fridge, freezer, coffee-maker, toaster, microwave, dishes, pots, pans...) and the AC worked great!
The maid cleaned my room very good and I felt comfortable all the time.
The owners came over very often to ask, if everything is good. If I had a problem, they tried to help very fast!
The location is very good, because Lauderdale By The Sea is a small town with a nice beach aera. The hotel is close to the restaurants, shops and next to the beach. It's only accross the street, to be on the waterfront! In walking distance you can find a grocery-shop, where I got everything I needed.
This hotel is a very small hotel, friendly for families and all people, they do not need too much luxery. I liked it very much, because I do not like too big hotels!
The pool was nice and clean!
What should I write more.......I liked it and it was great to stay there! I met very nice other people and we had fun. During the daytime, the Ocean Drive (A1A) is noisy, but in the nights it was pretty good quiet.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple