“great deli”

Zio's Italian Market
Ranked #17 of 299 Restaurants in Largo
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Description: Formerly Cesarina's, Zio's continues the long tradition of great food and great service. The name has changed, but that's about it. We have the same staff, and the same great food you've grown to love over the past 24 years. The next time you're in for your favorite meal, please say hello to Zio Ralph. He's looking forward to meeting you. Buon Appetito!
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We are glad to have this place close by. Great subs and we have tried most of them. Beats all the major chains and are a much better value.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I live right next to this place and probably go there once a week, give or take. The food for the most part is delicious, minus maybe the chicken parm sandwich. The issue that I almost always run across is that they rarely write my order down and when this happens, the order very rarely arrives correct. I'm 3 for 3 in my last 3 visits.... and not in a good way. Today, for example, I got something really simple, Bologna and cheese with no tomato. The lady even confirmed with me five minutes later when she got around to making it what exactly I wanted on the sub. Got home with tomatoes on it and no cheese.
They really need to spend some money on a computerized system for taking orders and not the confusion they think of as organization. They look like a bunch of chickens running around with their heads off. I know this is petty but it really gets to be annoying when it happens so often. Will it stop me from visiting? No, but it's getting to the point that I'm not sure what I'm going to get when I get home.

1  Thank UtahGrad
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Only after reading the reviews at Trip Advisor did we try this amazing little deli.
Their subs are excellent. High quality cold cuts, imported cheeses, and fresh baked goods.
Compare their Italian 6" to a Subway - You will never consider Subway again!
Their foods are delicious, and fresh, portions are generous, and prices are very reasonable.
We had an antipasto (crisp cold lettuce, jumbo olives, wonderful cold cuts, artichoke, ripe, juicy tomatoes), and an Italian sub customized with extra sharp imported provolone cheese, and roasted peppers. For dessert we tried an assortment of their baked goods - fabulous.
The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating.
Very few tables - mostly take out.
We will definitely be back - highly recommended.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We wanted to try them out since they ranked so high on here....glad we did!! We ordered a couple of sandwiches and they were huge and delicious. We also sampled about 6 of the desserts. Their sfogatelli(?) was absolutely divine and a surprise....packed a lot of flavor! I would say this place is the Mazarros of North Pinellas. Just a mom& pop shop trying to make a name for themselves and grow! Good for you.....we will be back!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

As usual absolutely stellar food. I had capricolla and a salami sandwich for lunch and tiramisu for dessert. Wonderful. I also like the hot peppers stuffed with provolone and prosciutto

Been to Zio's Italian Market? Share your experiences!