“Worst Pizza Ever”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband, a friend, and I stopped at the Mike's Pizza on Walsingham to take some pizza home. We ordered the special of 2 slices for $5, onions and mushrooms, no cheese. Our friend ordered the same special with sausage. We were told they can't make the special without cheese, that we'd have to order an individual pizza for $9. What??? Sounds like bait and switch to me. Whatever . . . we waited 25 minutes and finally walked out with our pizza. The individual was WAY smaller than the two slice special so basically we paid twice what our friend did and got less food. When we got home we noticed the bottom of the pizza was burned. There was one slice that had a total of 4 things on it, 2 mushrooms and 2 onions . . . woohoo. The sauce was basically non-existent. This is very disappointing especially because we HAVE gotten the two-slice special at Mike's several times before and it wasn't great but it was not THIS bad. I would think a little pizza place like Mike's would have awesome pizza, cheese or not. We have gotten no-cheese pizzas from Little Caesers and they were absolutely delicious with plenty of sauce and toppings to make up for no cheese. And only $6 for twice the amount of pizza we got at Mike's for $9. Guess I know where we need to go next time!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We enjoy the tap choices and the food is always consistently great. The prices are reasonable and the staff is well trained and cares. Even the young food couriers (the kitchen is in the main restaraunt and the tap house is across the parking lot) will make sure you have what you need and have a pleasant attitude. As a patron that tends to leave his credit card behind this is one establishment where the staff will run out the door to bring it to you before you leave the lot. Our only regret is we didn't find this place when we were tourists for years. Now that we are local we visit Mikes weekly. Don't miss this one. A note to the competition-- visit this place and sit at the bar and watch and learn how to train a caring efficient staff.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Tried Mike's last week, no problem getting a seat. The waitress was nice, but inattentive. I ordered a sandwich and a beer, my wife had a stromboli. The Philly was good and my wife enjoyed her stromboli. I finished my beer and food, I would have had another beer and I was hoping to get some more of their pasta salad, it's great. Alas, the server never returned. I went to the restroom and when I returned my wife had the check and we were out. Too bad, would have loved to try some more beer from the tap house! Will probably return.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Ate Pizza twice this week. Had a huge craving for pizza and this totally helped me get my fix. I should have came back here for the second time, that didn't go as well.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great slice of cheese (huge) and wonderful cold Crispin cider. Love the choices at the tap house. Could eat here over and over again. Probably will 'cause it is close, comfy, and reasonable. PArking is tough sometimes and getting a table can be tough. But it is worth the wait.