“Southern home barbecue at its best”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Smokin Rib Shack

Smokin Rib Shack
Ranked #69 of 291 Restaurants in Largo
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Largo, Florida
“Southern home barbecue at its best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Wood smoke rises above this little hole-in-the wall restaurant on a daily basis. It's primarily intended for take-out business, but it does have a handful of tables and chairs inside for dine-in. There is no table service. We dined in and LOVED the smoked pork, wings, and sausage. Our only "complaint" is that everything is coated in the delicious, family recipe, barbecue sauce. The menu board does not indicate this and trying to avoid sugars, I was disappointed to find my meal coated in sauce. That being said, the sauce was delicious! The prices were higher and selection more limited than at a chain restaurant, but you're not getting chain restaurant quality, you're getting good ole' home smoked food.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank largomama

Blind River, Canada
“Best Ribs Ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

We have driven by this restaurant dozens of times and been attracted by the smell of wood smoked ribs drifting over West Bay from the huge smokers outside in the parking lot. We were looking for somewhere different for dinner and ran into that wonderful scent and decided to try the Rib Shack. This will definitely be a regular stop! Don't be put off by the ambiance as this is not fine dining. We went for the ribs and that is what we had. This is not a Tony Roma style of pork rib but instead the full 8 inch meaty, melt in your mouth meal. We ordered the full rack to share between my wife and I and with the 2 sides included came to less than $30 including sodas. There was enough in this meatfest for both of us to leave full and a couple of ribs for breakfast.
I gave this establishment 5 stars for the food but don't be expecting table service as there are only about 5 tables and not fancy.
Go for the ribs!!!!

Visited May 2014
Toledo, Ohio
“Genuine wood smoked ribs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Smokin' Ribs is visible most days as you drive toward it as the huge outdoor wood smokers billow smoke into the parking lot and across the street. It's really a stop-in and pick-up-to-go place. Inside is small, smokey and not a very appetizing venue. I ordered a slab of ribs which came with 2-sides. I selected baked beans and potato salad and an order of cole slaw for good measure. They also offer mashed potatoes). The ribs aren't baby back or St. Louis cuts. They're the real, thing - big, full bones of pork ribs. And, a lot of them, I didn't count, but it had to be at least 8 bones. The ribs were exceptionally meaty, but bordered on being overdone. The sauce was plentiful, light colored, sweet and delicious! The beans were good and the potato salad was southern mustard style and exceptionally good. I didn't care for the cole slaw and neither did the friends that joined me for dinner. Price was very reasonable and there was plenty left over to heat up and eat for lunch the next day. The Shack takes credit cards and your receipt, if you want one, will be emailed to you. Mine came via email shortly after I arrived home.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Thomz12345
Largo, Florida
“Great Bar B Que”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Bar b que and sauce is great. Always a must for us is the sweet potato pie. A rack of ribs is very expensive, but very good. Right off their smoker in back. No atmosphere, just good food.

• Visited March 2014
“Awesome pork sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I'm a local in this area and just ate here for the first time. Awesome pork sandwich. Best I've had in a long while. My only complaint. I want more of that sauce. It was great. Don't judge this place by its cover or you will be missing out.

• Visited October 2013