“Dirrrrrrrrty”

Hampton Inn and Suites Largo
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Largo
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel feels very dirty, although it wasn't entirely gross. Feels kind of run down inside and not the cleanest. Nice lobby/continental breakfast area. Nice location with easy access to Clearwater and restaurants.Staff is very nice and friendly.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura S
Tavara S, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Largo, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear Laura S,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. We apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay. We did remodel the lobby and breakfast area 2 months ago. Thank you for taking notice. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff regarding their friendlessness. We hope you give us another opportunity in the future to show you just how great our hotel is.

Tavara
Assistant manager

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have stayed at this particular hotel 3 times in the past two years. Our son and two little granddaughters live in Clearwater and the girls like to go to the park across the street from the hotel. We are always treated in a friendly manner and they are especially nice to the two little ones if they are with us. We know it is a pet friendly hotel, but our last visit (in November) our room really smelled of dogs and dogfood and pet urine. When I asked if we could move to another room that did not allow animals, the clerk looked at me like I was crazy and said, "all our rooms allow animals in them." When I asked what they would do about someone with severe allergies to animals, which could be life-threatening, she said, "they shouldn't come here. Everyone knows we have dogs everywhere." When I saw a dog urinate on the floor of the elevator and my little granddaughter start to cry, I knew we would not return. Many hotels are animal friendly, but they set aside certain rooms and areas of the hotel for guests with pets.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room unless you have your animal(s) with you.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Tavara S, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Largo, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear Rebecca M,

Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are deeply sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay. I understand the inconvenience this caused you. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Tavara
Assistant Manager

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Bed Bugs. Eventhough the room seemed clean I got bed bug bites from my stay and apparently brought eggs home with me that hatched. WATCH OUT. I do not recommend this hotel. I am a business traveler and have never had this happened in the last 20 years of traveling. I was in room 319. I know that this review is suppose to be at least 200 characters but need I say more.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Nancy C
David G, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Largo, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

i do apologize for the issue you had in this room. We immediately called the exterminator and had this issue resolved. We would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay and letting us know about this issue. We value your comments and your business. Please give us a call if you are in the area. Again I do apologize for the issue you had during your stay, but I do want to thank you for bringing it to our attention.

David Grimsley

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I drove up East Bay from Clearwater to the hotel. So as I pass people on bicycles, pawn shops and dollar stores, I know I am not in a great area. The hotel is on the edge of this. You can get to a nice shoppping/dining area a few miles on Ulmerton, but right at this hotel, it is pretty yucky. As I woman travelling alone, I did not like the area to have to venture out in the dark for dinner.
Given that, the hotel was nice. The rooms spacious, lots of TV channels, bathroom sink with undercounter storage and wall storage. There is no bathtub. The A/C worked great and kept the room cool. The pool look just ok. I was disappointed in the breakfast selection. Overdone scrambled eggs with bacon in them, no hard boiled eggs, the grapefruit juice tasted like water, and just green bananas.
In the morning, I did not have hot water. I only mention that because while I am certain that is not a recurring item (thus should not be considered in your decision to stay there), when I asked, they did provide their 100% satisfaction guarantee and credited me that nights stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We've been traveling to Clearwater just about every month for the past 6 months and for the next year on business. This is the hotel we pick. Easy to get to, great prices and a amenities. The rooms are clean and the service is great. Newspapers in the morning and nice eating area/lobby

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank krp87b
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stay here every year to watch the fireworks across the street on July 4th. The staff is always very friendly, and the rooms are always fresh and clean. The free breakfast is also well prepared, they have the Belgian waffle maker too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We have stayed here a dozen or more times in the past year or so. We bought a home nearby that we plan to retire in and have been remodeling slowly. This hotel has been our home base in Pinellas County. The rooms are large, the beds are comfortable. Most rooms are nice and clean (we have had one that needed updating. Previous travelers had been very hard on it!) The complimentary breakfast is tasty and very convenient and DH loves the afternoon cookies! The prices are great for all you get. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Because of the nature of our travel we haven't taken advantage of the pool or nearby attractions but they are there. Altogether, I'd call this hotel a very good value.

• Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Largo
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Largo-Clearwater
4 mi away
Tampa Bay Extended Stay Hotel
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center
Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Largo? Share your experiences!