“Great layout”

Bardmoor Golf & Tennis Club
Ranked #2 of 11 Outdoor Activities in Largo
“Great layout”
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Great golf course design and shadow.tech.2012.fl@gmail.com! Chris Libby was a very nice young man to me and my wife. He even lead me to the bar after my round for a 88 cent draft beer. Great time! Will be back to play again in 6 months.

Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DO NOT GO TO BARDMOOR! TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Bardmoor Golf is the worst golf experience I have ever had. The head pro, Chris Libby, is a child and he is not a golf pro. He treated me and my friends awful. He was rude and disgusting. Bardmoor is overpriced and there is junk all over the clubhouse, proshop and golf course. Save your money and go to a real golf course.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Dave D
USA
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Challenging, Nice, Local Golf Course”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

While visiting friends in Largo, my friend and I played Bardmoor. I played the course twice. First time I played with a friend. Second time I played in the Annual Charity Golf Classic to benefit Embracing Florida’s Wounded Heroes. Staff was friendly and helpful. The course with the many layup areas feels longer than the yardage. Blind hazards and no GPS require local knowledge and/or yardage book. Fortunately I had both - my friend played there previously and the yardage book was also helpful. The fees were reasonable; I was told that fees change in April after the “snowbirds” leave. The course condition especially the fairways were in very good shape. Greens were recently treated but they were still fast--take the time to read the greens. Both times we played the course in less than 4 hours- good playing pace. I will play it again.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank N0madg0lfer
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Service is the worst I have encountered”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Been playing here on vacation for over 10 years, but the last straw was today. Played with a group of 10. People in the pro shop were rude.....snack bar people rude....cart people rude....way way over.priced. No cart person....just a really unpleasant experience. Many way better places to play in Tampa for the money.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Ralph B
Nashua, New Hampshire
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great layout and fast pace- 4 hour round”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We had a 1:22 tee time but got there very early. We had a light lunch in the clubhouse and then figured we'd hit the range or putting green as it was only a little after noon and we had over an hour to kill. One of my friends pointed out that the only people we saw coming in were tennis players. We asked if we could get out early and they directed us down to the starter. When we got down there we saw a threesome on the tee but the starter said he could get us off after them. The first tee is a little ride from the clubhouse but they have a snack shack right there so you could get sandwiches, hot dogs or drinks (alcohol drinks too, not just soda and beer). They also had a drink cart going around the course and we saw her multiple time. On some courses the drink cart "disappears" too often.
The course was in pretty good shape and had a great layout. They had 5 tee boxes so you could play whichever one suits your game. Although there seems like there's a lot of water on the course, on most holes you have to really mis-hit a shot to lose it in the water. The course was pretty scenic even though it's inland and there are no views of the Gulf. Bring your scorecard into the clubhouse after the round and your first draft costs what you shot!
The rates were $85 before 1PM and $65 after that. We paid $65 even though we got out early. I appreciated that. It was well worth it for $65 but $85 may have been pushing it. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. People of any ability would find this course enjoyable.
The pace was great too. Most of the groups I saw (this was on a Sunday) were threesomes, like us, and they moved right along. There was a twosome right behind us and they were moving too but it was never uncomfortable. We were always in touch with the group in front of us but it seemd like we were never waiting to hit. We finished in under 4 hours.

Visited March 2012