“Best Red Lobster I have been to.”

Red Lobster- Largo Mall
Ranked #60 of 302 Restaurants in Largo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We had heard good things about this Red Lobster and it didn't disappoint. We went during Lobsterfest and the meal was amazing. The prices are a little high, but its seafood and seafood isn't cheap anywhere. I had the Lobster Lovers dream and it was done perfectly. I also love how they give you all the buns and salad you want. The buns are so fresh. This is a great spot if you like seafood. I know some people who complain about the price (average $25 per meal), but I have paid more at fancy seafood restaurants and not had a very good meal. This was worth the money.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Having gotten off a 7 day cruise, we were hesitant to eat more seafood, but this place was there and we were tired! We wre greeted immediately upon entering by a very pleasant hostess who seated us in a spotless dining room for a very quick wait until arrival of server,Christine. After helping us wih our selections, the service picked up speed, drinks and appetizers arriving at perfectly timed intervals. The crab and lobster stuffed mushrooms were hot and cheesy and gooey and chocked full of actual lobster pieces you could see and taste! The clamstris were standard fare, hot, but rubbery and some of the pieces appeared to be from a drain pan, obvously frozen for mass market. The salad was so unremarkable no more space is needed. But the entrees....I ordered the blackened "fresh" fish grouper, full order. A thick filet with the proper amount of spice, hot and dripping with goodness. The fish tasted and had the flakeness of fresh,a .little int of the sea, no fish. My partner ordered a platter with Main lobster tail, snow crab legs, fried shrimp and shrimp scampi. The shrimp were small, limited quality and I think frozen. Tasty, nothing spectacular. The lobster was just cooked enough, sweet and tender, not chewy at all. The crab legs were steamed a little too long, making them imposible to remove from shell in one piece. Why such a high rating when so many things were just "okay"? The serve. Christines bubbly personality could have made any weary hungry traveler feel welcome. The serviceis what pushes a rating to the next level. Mnagement, are you listening? This server is your golden ticket!!! With 2 entrees, 2 cocktails and 2 appetizers, bill came to exactly $100. I am not sure the food was worth that much, as it still had a leaning to "fast casual". The experience was.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

The Largo Mall Store - There are twelve Red Lobsters in Pinellas county. Nice job of remodeling, It was getting old in the tooth. The food and service was a lot better than what it looked like and think of the remodeling as the icing on the cake. It's a theme place but what isn't these days.

Something one learns about this part of Florida called the Tampa Bay Area. It's called the "Tourist Season" and it seems most of these folks visiting seasonal and true tourists don't cook. They eat out.

And on a weekend this can be a busy place as their neighbor next door, the Olive Garden literally spills out into the street. So the Red Lobster gets busy too, as does the Golden Corral next door. Worse , it's the SPRING BREAK and the kids and their friends are here in droves so we eat home on weekends and eat out during the week but that will change.

As a native here, I learned during the season to go there on a weekday, mon-thur and have the patience to let the snowbirds go home, usually the first of April. Thats when things slow down to normal and they start promoting with "two for ones", "all you can eat shrimp" and a lot of discount coupons in the papers and online.

The food is typical of what you expect in a moderate priced theme franchise restaurant. They have done a good job of training their cooks (Cooks follow prescribed menus, portion controls, weight and measures, Chefs design meals and cook to their own levels) and the staff gets it out to you fairly quick.

Their wines / beer are reasonable and a very varied menu with lots of combos. Don't expect five pound Maine lobsters expect something like 3/4 pound being the norm in a split tail. Allover they do a fairly good job and they are consistent at it. Rolls and salad usually come with the meals and make a good filler.

Again, I just can't wait till the tourists go home so I can get in more often.... There are coupons on Facebook now for $5.00 off.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Can't beat the price for decor and good all around menu. Have been back many times. It's right across from where we live!

Reviewed March 25, 2011

We went on a Tuesday night so the place was half empty. Service was quick, food was excellent. I had the lobster lover dream, and I was ready to explode once I was done with it. Everything was cooked perfectly, I have nothing bad to say about the whole dinner.