“Salad Bar With Variety”

Sweet Tomatoes
Ranked #6 of 304 Restaurants in Largo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Sweet Tomatoes features made-from-scratch soups and salads and handcrafted muffins, Focaccia, breads, and desserts. The menu is built around freshly made, great-tasting, wholesome recipes with a 55-foot salad bar full of fresh, seasonal vegetables and tossed salads prepared exhibition-style every 20 minutes. Sweet Tomatoes provides its guests with an excellent value by offering unlimited access to its entire menu of high quality fresh items at a fixed price.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went there 2 times during an 8 day stay in Florida and found it very good and very easy to find something our grand children could find and enjoy. We make it a must do place to visit for lunch every time we visit Florida. The quality and variety is awesome.

1  Thank gator9999

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The consistancy is not there anymore. Sometime the soups are good and other times not so much. They need to make sure the cooks follow the recipe and don't just make soups by memory and not measure. The hot pasta dishes are terrible. But if your love a salad bar with lots of selections this is what this place offers.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had heard of the restaurant and read up what kind of food it offered. On 29/07/13 and after a shopping trip my family and I decided to visit the restaurant for dinner,
I was very surprised with the variety and quality of the food that was on offer. The salad, pasta, soup and bakery catered for all.
On my next visit to Florida I will certainly being going to a Sweet Tomatoes restaurant again

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I really like Sweet Tomatoes. It is a great place to eat when you want lots of variety and fresh food. The only drawback is if you go with a meat eater as most of the food is vegetables, soups and bread.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family loves this restaurant! We typically like to try new places and usually only eat once at a particular restaurant during a trip. However, we returned to Sweet Tomatoes three times during our stay in Clearwater Beach. The food is fresh. The salad bar is maintained immaculately. I have never seen restaurant staff work so hard to keep a buffet style food area so neat and tidy. There are attendants constantly maintaining the food, and replenishing it.
At first we were a little skeptical of visiting the buffet style facility, as it looked very busy and we thought it might be a bit unhygienic. We were pleasantly surprised by the high level of quality in the food and the clean presentation. There is a salad bar with far too many selections to list. If you are a vegetarian, you will LOVE the selection. There is so much to choose from. There is also a hot food area. There is a large selection of home made soups, at least 8 different kinds, all made from scratch, not processed in the can. There is a large variety of soups, many I have never heard of or even thought of making. They were so delicious. We thought we might leave hungry, after just a soup and salad, but we left absolutely stuffed. The soups are quite hearty, some are vegetarian, while others are not. They are very filling. There is also a good selection of desserts, many warm, freshly baked, coming out straight from the oven and smelling delicious. My only complaint was that the wait staff are slow. Of the three times that we visited this restaurant, only once we got a good waitress, who cleared away our dirty plates before we returned to our table with food. The staff work slowly, and don't seem to care if the customers have what they need, or if there are dirty plates piling up on the tables. They do however show up, just before you leave, with a smile, to say hello, and see if you liked the food, trying to get a tip. TIPS= To Insure Prompt Service. If there was no service, there will be no tip