“Cafe Largo - exceptional!”
Review of Cafe Largo

Cafe Largo
Ranked #20 of 296 Restaurants in Largo
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Cafe Largo is a little quaint restuarant hidden in Largo, Florida. We had eaten there before and for some reason everytime we go there the experience continues to flow. We had a group of 7 and again we were served the best meals ever! The french cuizine does not stop at the food. The ambiance, the staff, the soft music and on and on. This is the kind of restuarant that you can not only enjoy the food but you can enjoy the company at your table. I recommend this for many very special occasions, valentines day, entering into engagement, birthdays, etc. And make sure that you top your dinner off with one of their fabulous desserts. They have a souffle to die for however ordering this ahead of time is helpful. If you have not visited this restuarant yet get that reservation in! Thanks again Cafe Largo for a great experience.

2  Thank Joanne J
cafelargo, Manager at Cafe Largo, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

We are so happy to hear you think of us for your special evenings. We really try our best to make sure an evening at Café Largo is a special evening. Looking forward to seeing you in again in the future.
Merci,
Chef Dominique and staff

There are newer reviews for Cafe Largo

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is the third time I give Cafe Largo five stars. I've never done that for another restaurant and I can't imagine doing it again.

The reason for the third review is that this Monday, my wife and I went to one of Chef Dominique Christini's private cooking classes.

For $40 a person, about 10 of us got to join the chef in his kitchen as he and his assistant made three dishes: a red pepper veloute, sea scallops meuniere with vegetables and a frozen cherry "soufflé." Oh, and we each got two glasses of wine. And as lagniappe, Chef Dominique gave us the recipes to each of the dishes.

What most impressed me about this dinner was the utter simplicity of the recipes. While they were simple in concept and ingredients, they were flawless in both preparation and presentation. I'm not sure I'm quite up to trying the frozen souffle at home, but it might not be out of the realm of possibility. I'm already planning on trying the veloute and the scallops this weekend.

Chef was a gracious host -- setting up a large table in the restaurant that encouraged all of the group to talk to each other -- and an interesting teacher. I can easily imagine that we'll go back for another class.

1  Thank StPeteSaint
Reviewed July 16, 2013

What a treat we had at a special dinner with our dining group. The chef teamed up with his brother, who is a wine importer, and prepared a memorable feast that soon will not be forgotten.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Kristen, our server, was exceptional. The chef never missed a beat! Every dish from the Portabella Mushroom appetizer to the salad with Bree, the veal and duck dishes top notch! The home made fresh chocolate mousse was to Die For!! Highly recommend, especially if you're looking for authentic French cuisine and atmosphere. We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary and will be back! Thank you Kristen and Chef!!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Since its opening this has been one of our favorite restaurants over the years. Whether for a lite bite after work, or a VERY special occasion, this is where we go. Unlike a lot of French cooking, you never get that heavy feeling when the meal is over. Everything is prepared fresh and you will be amazed at what comes out of the kitchen. The specials are just that....special. Constantly excellent food pared with outstanding service. Try it, you will not be disappointed.