“Trip home”

Ranked #61 of 293 Restaurants in Largo
Cuisines: American
“Trip home”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in to eat lunch and watch the soccer game. Our waiter Jeff, was great! Always stopping at our table, delivered good in a timely manner and always had a smile on his face..easy to find and decent choices to choose from.

Largo, Florida
“Ho-hum at best”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Thanks to a gift card we picked Chili's in Largo, FL at Largo Mall rather than the more upscale Macaroni Grill which is a partner restaurant with Chili's. And anyone knows that the pasta meals at Macaroni Grill can be made at home for a dollar-fifty rather than the ridiculously over-priced meals on the menu there. So anyway, Chili's was just OK. We had the sweetest, most smiling, friendliest waitress. But at one point I waited and waited and waited for a clean knife (mine disappeared with the appetizer plate), a refill on my water, and a few clean napkins since my messy greasy meal destroyed my one-and-only napkin. We waited and watched 4 waitresses standing by the front door gabbing way. Finally my hubby grabbed the restaurant manager and she delivered the goods. The onions and peppers on the fajitas were very very greasy. And I couldn't tell the difference from the pork and the chicken strips since I ordered both. So all in all...won't go back. Besides my husband ordered ribs and french fries...something his heart doc would NOT approve of. I appreciate a more heart-healthy menu and less grease and better service.

• Visited June 2014
Largo, Florida
“Not all change is good - Dirty little gizmo”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We've been going to Chili's since 1985. I can still remember my first order of beef fajitas, it was in Orlando on International Drive. Wow what presentation and the flavor!!!!!!! Fast forward to the 2 for $20 promotion about 4 years ago. When 2 for $20 first appeared on the menu dessert was included but like all good things...
Beef fajitas were also an option when 2 for $20 first premiered. Fast forward again and dessert and beef fajitas are gone. BUT a customer could order beef fajitas using the 2 for $20 and pay a few bucks more for the beef. I was satisfied with that arrangement as my wife enjoys the chicken fajitas. Fast forward once more and yesterday we were informed that beef fajitas are no longer an option, "they removed the button" our served informed us.
I can only imagine that Chili's corporate has their reasons for the ceaseless tweaking of the 2 for $20 menu - and those reasons are likely, as they should be, related to revenue.
Luckily we have good jobs and can afford to eat at restaurants whenever we like and fortunately in my area we have lots of options. So I'll be voting with my feet against Chili's latest change.
One more thing, this week the Chili's in our area placed Ziosks on all of the tables.
What's that, you don't know what a Ziosk is? It's a touch screen wireless gizmo dripping with germs sitting on your table. Sounds tasty doesn't it. I wonder who's running Chili's nowadays? I can guess but that's for another time.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank TroyGuy50
New Hamburg, Canada
“later dinner”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had 6 fussy eaters and we all were able to find a delicious dinner to end our day. Great service!

• Visited March 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good place to eat”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Clean inexpensive good food and drinks with friendly staff.
Been here several times, food is always good and if there is an issue it's taken care of immediately.
I ordered a burger done medium but it was a little underdone for my liking this was replaced immediately with no fuss. (my advice to Brit's if you like it done medium ask for "well done")
Would definitely recommend.

• Visited December 2013

Been to Chili's? Share your experiences!