“My first time and I'm going back”

Tia's Authentic Latin Food
Ranked #17 of 311 Restaurants in Largo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Description: Local Family Owned Restaurant featuring home cooked style breakfast, lunch & dinner with a Caribbean flair. We have beer and wine - come on in and try our special blend Sangria or the best Cafe con Leche in the Bay area. Home of the 2015 "World's Best Cuban Sandwich", National Cuban Sandwich Festival.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Be careful not to drive past this place, tucked in and old strip mall. It's easy to miss. But it's worth the effort.

We had purchased a groupon and wanted to try something new, we were really impressed with not only the food but the owners and staff.

My husband ordered the Pork entree and I ordered the Cuban sandwich the portions are large and very inexpensive

And the prices are really reasonable!! You'll also probably end up with enough leftovers for another meal the next day.

We when we are in the area again we will be back to visit this place

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Squeezed into a small space in a small mini-strip center it isn't the ambiance or the service. It is all about the food. Mother and son are a fantastic team that just inspires you to want them to do well. The lunch clientele was a mix of people (many speaking Spanish) getting carry out and about 30 or so at the limited seating. They are open 10-6 on Tuesday through Thursday an 10-8 on Friday and Saturday. That tells me their niche is mostly lunch and maybe carry out for dinner by people on the way home. Given their space limits that looks like a winning formula. Now the food is the real hook. Patti wanted to try their Cuban sandwich since there is a debate in the Tampa area and hers, according to her, is a serious contender for best of Tampa Bay. The bread was just right and not a tooth breaker, the combination of flavors, meat and cheese, just right.

I chose the pork sandwich which had just the right amount of seasoning, a hint of garlic, and was pulled perfectly. It was also huge with just the right amount of a mustard based sauce and light cheese. . That turned out to make a mistake actually a blessing. I had also ordered a side of black beans and rice which was somehow forgotten but I wouldn't have been able to eat it anyway given the size of the pork sandwich. We will be back there because the value, taste, and experience was not just good, but even a little under priced, but not between noon and 1 PM.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Ordered food for a party I was hosting for 65 people...Pork, Red Beans and Yellow Rice with bread....THE BEST Latin food ever!!! Words simply will not do this proper justice. WAY better than The Columbia. Every single guest RAVED about the food, begging to know where it came from. Gabriel and his Mom made me look like a genius!!! Do not pass through this town without finding this tiny little treasure of a place!!

1  Thank 1beachl0vr
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My family and I stopped by here for lunch during our vacation in the area, and absolutely loved their Cuban sandwiches! I have had Cuban sandwiches in the past on a couple of occasions, but those weren't even close to being on the same level as these. My kids quickly ate half of their sandwiches and immediately asked if they could take the other half back to the hotel for later...which basically meant the minute that we walked back into our room! LOL

The people were also extremely friendly and made you feel VERY welcome...which only made the experience that much better. If you're ever in the area, DEFINITELY stop by here...you won't regret it!

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Had black beans and rice, very tasty. Platanos maduros were perfectly cooked and delicious. Empanadas were Lao very delicious
The place was busy for lunch. Downside was the server was new and was not fully aware of food choices

Been to Tia's Authentic Latin Food? Share your experiences!