“Pork out of this world”

Tia's Authentic Latin Food
Ranked #25 of 293 Restaurants in Largo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Description: Local Family Owned Restaurant featuring home cooked style breakfast, lunch & dinner with a Caribbean flair. We have beer and wine - come on in and try our special blend Sangria or the best Cafe con Leche in the Bay area. Home of the 2015 "World's Best Cuban Sandwich", National Cuban Sandwich Festival.
Chicago, Illinois
“Pork out of this world”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We went to Tia's for lunch because we had a groupon. One of the best groupons bought. This restaurant is a little gem. It is family run and you can see mom in the kitchen. You get good portions that are all home made. I had the Cuban Sandwich and it was made of pork roast not processed meat and the black beans with sofrito were out of this world . Since they just opened, the menu is small but there is something for everyone and the prices are extremely reasonable. Don't miss out on this hidden gem! Best Cuban restaurant in Largo and definitely worth trying.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Janice W

Richmond Hill, Canada
“Less expensive than a trip to CUBA”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were looking for some good Cuban food and we found it and more. It's a tiny place in a small strip mall, but the food is so good, you're mind will make you think you're in Havana! I had the Picadillo, (ground beef) in a delicious sauce with Black beans and mixed veggies. Hubby had Roast Pork (Pernil) with Black Beans and Yellow Rice. Both dishes were amazing!!!!. We also ordered some Empanadas to snack on later. They were made fresh, while we waited and each one is huge, large enough for a meal. Only $2.00 each. Can't beat the prices. We're going back tomorrow for breakfast. How does Sausage, egg and cheese on a Burrito sound? my mouth's watering already!!!!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Beverley O
Tampa, Florida
“It's REALLY authentic and delicious!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Best Cuban sandwich in town! Pulled pork on sandwich, which makes it a REAL cuban. Picadillo is awesome, too. Family owned and operated and all food is prepared fresh.

1 Thank Ginnielee2003
Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“rice and beans and overall review”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My son and I were on our way to check out an apartment complex on ulmerton and decided to have lunch before we looked at the place. So we drove to the plaza next door and found Tia's. So we went to the counter and looked at the menu. I ordered the yellow rice w/the black beans and he had the white rice w/the red bleans we also had the pernil and chicken and platanos. We were really hungry so we wanted to try it all.It was amazing I thought I was eating my Mother's food. Being Puerto Rican I know what great home cooking is. You really will not be disappointed the food is bountiful and full of great latin spices. The restaurant is decorated with lively colors and the atmosphere is very relaxed and the owners make you feel at home like part of the family. By far the best latin/carribean restaurant I've ever been to. I also took a cuban home to share w/my husband and it is the real deal w/pulled pork like the one you make for christmas. We strongly urge you to give them a visit. yum yum

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank jujuchris j
Oldsmar
“Brand New Latin Restaurant a Winner”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Yesterday my office mate walked through the door with an a large plastic bag and a cup holder. He deposited a massive breakfast burrito and a cup of Cafe con Leche. Apparently his wife works with Carlene, friends of the family who owns Tia's.

He said she came home raving about it and decided to drop by and grab breakfast for us. After tasting the food I was supremely glad he did.

The Cafe con Leche was delicious, as good coffee should be. I had a cup of Folgers on my desk that ended up in the sink after one sip of the good stuff.

The burrito...you have to really get one to understand just how big it is. You can get it on fresh Cuban bread or pay $1 to get it in a wrap, which is what my friend did. It was loaded with sausage, egg, cheese, onions, peppers and hash browns. This burrito could easily feed two people. The ingredients were hot and delicious. It was obvious they use fresh meat as well. There are options for roast pork, bacon or Chorizo depending on your taste preferences.

He also brought a sample of the roast pork and it was delicious, almost like it was cooked in an au jus. It was tender, with a nice seasoning with a tiny bite of spice, really perfect.

One thing you should also know. If you've been eating Cubans that are filled with deli meat, that is NOT a cuban. I am going there for lunch today to get the real deal, on Cuban bread and stuffed with the roast pork. I'll let you know how that works out ... I am salivating just thinking about it.

• Visited October 2012