“A gem in Largo” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“A gem in Largo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stumbled across this restaurant while looking for something to eat near my hotel. What a surprise! Frau Irena and company offer fine food including beer or wine with fantastic casual service. Staff makes you feel like a regular from the first moment.

Food is delicious reminding me of my trips through Germany. Cole slaw is unreal. I had a jaegerschnitzel with spaetzle and sauerkraut...some of the finest that I've tested this side of Munich.

Reasonable price for the quality and unlimited helpings of side dished. Nicely decorated and clean, but very small....they recommend reservations, we got lucky and missed the dinner rush. If you're looking for health food, this is not the place :)

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Oscar R

Clearwater, Florida
“Mediocre food, but excellent service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

The menu has mainly pork products as a meat item and I do not care for pork. I found the cole slaw very good, the potato salad was all right. The bread that was served was mediocre. I ordered the beef knockwurst and sauerkraut which I thought was all right, but not remarkable. The service was prompt and polite, which gave me a favorable impression of this establishment. I would like to see the management add more non-pork items.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Thomsoni
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Absolutely excellent German food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Great food, friendly staff. Went on a Thursday night & almost didn't get a table. Really should have reservations. Was worth the wait

Florida
“Largo's Best Kept Secret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I love to support local independent restaurants and we stumbled across this little gem on Yelp about a week ago. There was only one review but the feedback was positive so we decided to give it a try. My husband and I are army brats and have lived in Germany for several years so we know what German food is supposed to taste like. German Bistro 2 was spot on. The first time we went to the restaurant, we opened the door and Irena was dancing with a customer with polka music playing in the background. We knew it was going to be a great place at that point! As the first review states, beer or wine is included with your meal. Bread and potato salad are also complimentary. I selected the Schnitzel dinner and my husband selected the Currywurst meal. We were not disappointed. You can select two sides for your dinner and they are bottomless. I had the German Bistro salad with balsamic vinaigrette. The vinaigrette was very fresh and flavorful. The portions are so generous that we didn’t make it to a second round of sides; plus we wanted to save room for dessert. We had the cheesecake which was phenomenal. It's been several years since we've lived in Germany so we don't remember much of the language however my husband brushed off the cob webs and attempted to order in German and have small talk with Irena. She prompted him to continue speaking the language which he loved.

I went to the restaurant again last night with two friends. Irena and her daughters were there and were very warm, friendly and welcoming. Irena remembered me from the last time I came in and asked where my husband was. He was out of town but did text me that he wanted to go back to German Bistro when he returns to town so tonight was a girl's night out. They make you feel like an old friend stopping in for a visit. This time I decided to order the Sauerbraten meal. My friends had the meatloaf and special (veggie lasagna). I also ordered the decadent chocolate cake for dessert. The chocolate wasn’t so rich that you could barely eat it – it was perfect! My friends were very impressed by the meals and the restaurant over all. Before I left I snapped a photo of Irena and her daughters to text to my husband. She even wrote down a German phrase to include in the text. This is a great group of folks. Do yourself a favor and give this restaurant a try – you won’t regret it!

• Visited October 2012
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Always a wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Not just the best German food in the bay area, but a really great place to eat in general. We ventured all the way out to South Tampa a few times, as it was one of our favorite places. Now that they are on this side of the bay, we get to eat German food more often. If you've never had German food, don't shy away from this place, you really should give it a try.

• Visited October 2012