“Mediocre food, but excellent service”
Review of German Bistro II

German Bistro II
Ranked #4 of 304 Restaurants in Largo
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The menu has mainly pork products as a meat item and I do not care for pork. I found the cole slaw very good, the potato salad was all right. The bread that was served was mediocre. I ordered the beef knockwurst and sauerkraut which I thought was all right, but not remarkable. The service was prompt and polite, which gave me a favorable impression of this establishment. I would like to see the management add more non-pork items.

1  Thank Thomsoni

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Great food, friendly staff. Went on a Thursday night & almost didn't get a table. Really should have reservations. Was worth the wait

Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I love to support local independent restaurants and we stumbled across this little gem on Yelp about a week ago. There was only one review but the feedback was positive so we decided to give it a try. My husband and I are army brats and have lived in Germany for several years so we know what German food is supposed to taste like. German Bistro 2 was spot on. The first time we went to the restaurant, we opened the door and Irena was dancing with a customer with polka music playing in the background. We knew it was going to be a great place at that point! As the first review states, beer or wine is included with your meal. Bread and potato salad are also complimentary. I selected the Schnitzel dinner and my husband selected the Currywurst meal. We were not disappointed. You can select two sides for your dinner and they are bottomless. I had the German Bistro salad with balsamic vinaigrette. The vinaigrette was very fresh and flavorful. The portions are so generous that we didn’t make it to a second round of sides; plus we wanted to save room for dessert. We had the cheesecake which was phenomenal. It's been several years since we've lived in Germany so we don't remember much of the language however my husband brushed off the cob webs and attempted to order in German and have small talk with Irena. She prompted him to continue speaking the language which he loved.

I went to the restaurant again last night with two friends. Irena and her daughters were there and were very warm, friendly and welcoming. Irena remembered me from the last time I came in and asked where my husband was. He was out of town but did text me that he wanted to go back to German Bistro when he returns to town so tonight was a girl's night out. They make you feel like an old friend stopping in for a visit. This time I decided to order the Sauerbraten meal. My friends had the meatloaf and special (veggie lasagna). I also ordered the decadent chocolate cake for dessert. The chocolate wasn’t so rich that you could barely eat it – it was perfect! My friends were very impressed by the meals and the restaurant over all. Before I left I snapped a photo of Irena and her daughters to text to my husband. She even wrote down a German phrase to include in the text. This is a great group of folks. Do yourself a favor and give this restaurant a try – you won’t regret it!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Not just the best German food in the bay area, but a really great place to eat in general. We ventured all the way out to South Tampa a few times, as it was one of our favorite places. Now that they are on this side of the bay, we get to eat German food more often. If you've never had German food, don't shy away from this place, you really should give it a try.

3  Thank Dana B
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I am so happy to report that I no longer need to drive 23 miles to get real German food. The Schnitzel was not soggy like most places. The Spaetzle and the complementary Potato Salad were delicious. Hearty portions at a great price. The atmosphere was very quaint and upscale. I'd give this place a 10 out of 10. Take out available as well and they are open for lunch. So thankful for this place. Give it a try and you'll see why. I posted a photo of my meal today. Very good!

3  Thank Jennifer N