“A priority stop”

Stew's House of Bagels
Ranked #2 of 7 Bakeries in Largo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 3, 2019

When I first moved to Florida from N.Y I was in search of pieces of home, such as specific food places. I came across Stew's bagels and found out Stew was from N.Y. I instantly fell in love with the bagels, as well as all of the other goodies they serve: rugelachs, cookies, etc. I moved out of Florida and every time I visit, Stew's bagels is a "must stop". While in town recently, I made it to the store 6 minutes after they closed. They were not obligated to do so, but they were amazing and opened the store for me! That made our day/trip!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

I’ve been coming here for years. Being from Brooklyn New York I consider myself a connoisseur of bagels. I have tried all of the bagel bakers in the Tampa Bay area but these are what I recall from NY. No surprise as Stew is from NY! Prices are cheap! Bakers dozen only $10!
Highly recommended!!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed September 25, 2018

I lived in New York City during my student years at Juilliard, and will not forget those wonderful chewy huge bagels w. a schmear. Since living in Belleair Bluffs these past years I have been enjoying Stew's 'artistry' in baking bagels that are every bit as good as the best that Manhattan and Brooklyn have to offer, in both quality and varity

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed May 30, 2018

We have been buying bagels from Stew's for many years and always take enough home to keep in the freezer so we don't run out between visits to Florida. On our latest trip, Stew had us try a bialy--a now favorite new treat! A bialy is similar to a bagel but without the hole. It is more yeasty-tasting and has a lighter texture. We tried them untoasted with cream cheese and toasted with butter--they were great both ways. I plan to use the next one dipped in olive oil with herbs and garlic. If you like yeast breads, you will love the bialy!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank kasey47
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

We were pining for REAL bagels and settling for Panera and Einstein when we discovered Stew’s. Taste EXACTLY like we remember from Brooklyn. Real bagels (and even bialys) done right! Can’t rave enough. Will be coming here for bagels forever. Thanks, Stew’s!

Date of visit: May 2018

Been to Stew's House of Bagels? Share your experiences!