“Loved it!”

Pinellas County Heritage Village
Ranked #3 of 34 things to do in Largo
More attraction details
Owner description: An open-air historical village and museum with structures dating back to the mid-late 19th century.
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My boys, 7 & 9 yrs old, and I visited and loved it! The buildings were air conditioned, which was a huge plus in July. The area was shaded and was a very nice stroll through history. Each open home had a plaque outside describing the history of the house and it's inhabitants. Once inside, it was staged as if waiting on them to return and put wood in the stove to start dinner. Very impressed with not only the historical accuracy, but also the variety of buildings, shops and authenticity of the time period. The gentleman working the General store was awesome and gave us a lot of history, my boys loved it! They had a soda from a glass bottle while playing checkers using old bottle tops. We will be going back every time we visit the area. Can't say enough great things about this.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I love Heritage Village! It's a hidden gem in Pinellas County! It's free, and well maintained, and the volunteers and workers are awesome. We go here every so often to just walk around, along with Botanical Gardens next door. The last time we went it was closer to closing time (4pm), and the house we wanted to see was closed. The volunteer was so nice, she gave us and a family behind us a thorough tour of the house, when she was clearly about to leave for the day. This place is beautiful!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was very impressed with the Heritage Village. We saw about 1/2 of it because the day was very hot and humid (July). Be sure to take a hat/sunblock in summer. Lots of work has been done to make the village fun and believable. You can just feel you are back in the old days in Florida. Don't miss this. You can have a great family day and not spend one cent. How can you beat that?

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Landon: I remember in 2nd grade. Me and my friends were looking at the cars following in the bus, pretending they were "robbers" trying to get us. Then we got out of the bus and I saw everything and just thought "Wow." It was a great field trip and I have remembered it from this day.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Spend a lot of time here enjoying a real look back into recent history with brilliantly restored and maintained exhibits. This is a real gem pulling together so many structural exhibits with great stories behind them that you feel the history of the development of Florida is being played out in front of you. A must see.