“Beautiful Architecture and Great History”

Pinellas County Heritage Village
Ranked #3 of 34 things to do in Largo
More attraction details
Owner description: An open-air historical village and museum with structures dating back to the mid-late 19th century.
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Easy walking trails; some are rubber so they are very nice to walk on. Each building has a short written history on a plaque in front. Two of the homes you need a tour so make sure that the tours are available before you go (we couldn't get in to both and they looked like they were the best ones). The map is easy to follow and the visit is exceptional when you tie in the the Botanical Garden. If you are going to do both bring water and expect a few hours.

1  Thank Ken P

Reviewed April 20, 2014

we lived ten minutes from there for several years and had not visited this then had friends come to visit and wanted to see it . what a great place we've been back twice since then .everyone was so helpful and informative .being a retired tool and die maker I enjoyed the old garage with so many old tools that I was familiar with . we went through the moore house and my name being moore sure aroused my curiousity to see if this had connection to my family .I recommend anyone in the Clearwater largo area don't miss this . no admission charge . some buildings have guided tours with very knowledgeable guides

2  Thank maxm1944
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have lived in FL for only 13 years. I believe in learning alot about the history of where you choose to reside. I have been here twice and enjoyed every single moment of my experiences. Ask a question and it is answered. Fun family time!

1  Thank Gail R
Reviewed April 12, 2014

What a hidden gem!!!! Just wonderful if you are into old Florida and bungaliws etc.. The pieceof land is covered in pine trees a nice lanscape other than palms just gorgeous! One house was better than the last and each stop was just wonderment! I won't tell all and spoul it but save Seven gables home for your last stop it will be the best blessing at the end of a beautiful day.Afterwards head to the restaurant Rooster Fish a 5 min .drive up the road sit on the deck if you can .The fishcand turtles are huge some of them and you can feed them with foid provided. Food is good , reasonable, cheap drinks at least the margaritas.A beautiful place as well.If you can you can go to Florida botanical gardens right through Heritage park if you have the energy and start early.Admission is free to both but I suggest a small donation because it is so worth it.Enjoy!!!

2  Thank bravecave
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Nice historical village. You are able to wander about and all staff you encounter are very helpful. Recommend any building tours they give as the information is intriguing as you look around and just imagine how it was. Clean environment, offers a small gift shop also.

3  Thank Shotgun99