A reviewers review of what it is...
• A great place for kids and adults as well since the park is next door to the Cultural Center.
• Exceptionally well kept grounds and exhibits and seasonal displays like at Christmas are unique. Parking is easy.
• It is wheelchair accessible, there are security fences, police do patrol there and in the children's section, the kids playground equipment, is well enclosed.
• The Largo Military Memorial in the park was built by two Largo businessmen to commemorate the work and sacrifice of our servicemen. One of whom was my mentor, Mr. Richard Leandri aka the Godfather of the Army Rangers. He is well acknowledged at FT. Benning, Ga. It represents Largos commitment to the Armed Forces and is featured once a year at the park, Veterans day etc. one of the first Memorials of it's kind.
• The Largo kids train rides are for kids and adult train lovers alike. They (the train club) are well known for their expertise in miniature trains throughout the country. Built to scale and they run on real fuel. Scale miles of track and switches are artfully woven through the park
• For special events/times and some more information see Largo's web page. They have year long, plays, concerts, comedy shows, you name it, something for most.
• There is always something doing there in the park, concerts, clown day, and the bottom line is the park is:
SAFE for Children, GOOD environment, NICE Kids with Parents watching, and WELL maintained. The park is a credit to the city. I take the little grand ones there whenever I can.