All reviewsfirst floorrooms are cleanulmertonpetersburgaccommodationsflorida
Reviewed March 3, 2015

Booked a room in December for February, was told we would be on the first floor as my husband is paralyzed, we get there and was told our room was on the 3rd floor. Well push come to shove, we did get on the first floor. I was told they have a elevator, well in case of emergency, I didn't want to be on the 3 rd floor. It seemed ok the room stunk I was walking in the room barefooted and my husband said when was the last time you washed your feet, well this morning I said. I looked at them an they were black, that explained the black foot prints in the shower. Went to check out and I was told just because I made a reservation in December don't mean I get a ground floor. We were there for 10 days visiting family and I seen a lot of non handicap on the first floor. Looks to us like they favor the locals, not handicap. Won't stay here again

Room Tip: Choose another motel
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Brenda H
Steve S, Guest Relations Manager at Tampa Bay Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2015

Dear Brenda H,

Thank you again for your time and comments. We appreciate our guest giving us valuable feedback to help us continue to grow. We hope when you are back in the Largo area that you consider giving us another chance. Please ask for me directly and I will personally handle your reservation.
Jackie Harris, Customer Care

Reviewed February 25, 2015

No amenities but good for a starting spot for Clearwater St. Petersburg and other attractions.
We chose this place for its price not the amenities as we didn't intend spending time here other than to cook breakfast and to sleep. Front desk staff were friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: Request a renovated room when booking.
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
Steve S, General Manager at Tampa Bay Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2015

Jandj, Thank you for taking a few moments and reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. We always like to know what our guests are thinking as that is what drives us to continue to grow. If you have any further feedback please feel free to contact me at any time.

Reviewed January 7, 2015 via mobile

I ended up in this hotel because my friend works for Choice, the trip was planned two weeks prior and I was more concerned about price than anything, that being said I was thankful for the discount. However, I've stayed in too many hotels in my life and this place was very poorly taken care of. First off, they have people who live there, (like 4 adults in one room and kids too) I smelled pot, outside of the courtyard and the police showed up while we were there, didn't see anything as to why they showed up, but nonetheless there were 3. Now to the rooms.. so.. I didn't see bed bugs (I checked) the floors turned my feet black (Yuck!) When we checked in, the fridge was broken and covered in black mold, they got us a new one that night. The room was a decent size.. the courtyard is manicured well, but I did see that there was a bike rack up front with some bike "pieces" sitting in the rack. The maintenance man was dusting the outside lights and stuff, so I guess some effort is put into the place. The staff was decent which is why I am giving them two "stars", minus the maid who pushed me off rudely to the office when I asked about more towels, the people were kind. So, if you want a cheap "quasi clean" place to stay, I guess this is your place. I did ask if I was in the "ghetto" and was told No, there's nice shopping centers and it's close to every where you want to be. I would not go back here personally.

Stayed: January 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Jaeda M
Steve S, General Manager at Tampa Bay Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2015

Jaeda M,
I would like to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay with us and for honestly sharing your experience with us here on “Tripadvisor”. One of our goals as a staff is to create happy guests and clearly in this case we dropped the ball and for that I apologize. I will be speaking with our department leaders about your concerns on a case by case basis. Again I am truly sorry that we did not completely satisfy you during your time with us. If you would like to discuss further please feel free to contact me at any time.

Reviewed December 10, 2014

I am working on a 3 week contract in St. Petersburg, FL. I was booked into this hotel by my temp agency so that I could cook-in, rather than eat-out. I did read the reviews befor I checked in, and was somewhat wary, especially as I checked into the hotel on a Sunday night (actually 1 AM Monday morning). There was a very pleasant employee (sort of security) who registered me and gave me my key. He even helped me with my luggage, which definitely was above and beyound, especially since I had a lot that needed to be carried. I had mixed impressions as I walked into the room. My immediate impression was "OMG, this so SOOOooo SMALL".

PRO's:
The room was immaculately clean, with nice crisp sheets and clean counter tops. The lighting was good. This is one of the few budget hotels where I did not need to bring out the 100 watt lightbulbs that I have made a habit of carrying in my suitcase. The TV was a nice size flat screen with remote, and both worked well, nice quality of picture. The A/C unit worked well, was somewhat noisy, but unfortunately it was placed almost right over the bed, most likely having to do with the small size of the room. The hotel was very quiet, and is located off of I-275 on Ulmerton (a major road in this area), and in good proximity to a number of nice, reasonably priced restaurants and fast-food joints. I think it is a good price per night, and would be fine for a couple on a tight budget.

CON's:
No fitness room (usually only a treadmill at most hotels anyway), but also no pool or spa.
SMALL. There was only a very tiny "bistro / Ice cream" table with 2 hard backed chairs. There was no comfy lounge / overstuffed chair in the room. There was a third hard backed chair. I suppose it was so you could watch TV? No desk meant that I could not bring paperwork home, so perhaps that was a plus! :)

There was a very small recessed area serving as a closet (about 3 feet long and 1 foot wide), which was located right next to the head of the bed. The "kitchenette" consisted of a 4 cubic-foot sized refrigerator with freezer component as a top shelf of the fridge, a 2 burner cook-top, and a nice sized stainless steel sink. There was a smallish kitchen towel and a worn sponge there, but there was also a small new bottle of dishwashing liquid, so that was a plus. The cupboards were adequate if you brought your own cucina- wear, and the basic essentials for cooking / eating were present, but the pots were somewhat worn / scratched up from overuse or abuse.

The bathroom was miniscule, with a very small sink and the countertop (which was pretty much touching the toilet) barely held my toiletry kit. The towels were adequate, and the shower (no bathtub in my particular unit) was very nice sized. I believe that there was also a small bar of soap and a small bottle of shampoo-conditioner (as a starter, as most people using this hotel probably shop for food or bring all the toiletries they need).

Did I mention that the room was incredibly small? There was about 12 inches of clearance from the side of the bed to the dresser, the drawers did not pull out all the way, which was probably a good thing, as 2 of the 3 drawers stuck. There was about 5 feet of clearance between the foot of the bed and the bistro set. The TV was attached to the dresser top, and you had 2 choices of viewing locations, the bed (which was very close to the TV), or the bistro set (which was really close to the TV). Or actually there was location # 3, the larger hardback chair, which if set back and touching the door, was an OK distance to watch the TV.

There was a queen-sized bed which took up most of the room; again, it was right underneath the A/C unit, so either you had a cold wind blowing across you, or it was stuffy. Take your pick. The bed was not bad, the mattress not exactly to my liking, but in good repair. It had no sags or appearance of being abused in any way. The pillows were really kind of thin, and really needed to be replaced. The biggest problem I had with the bed was that it was directly under the wall-mounted air conditioner which was pretty noisy.

There was no daily maid service, but you could bring your towels down to the front desk and get them exchanged without problem. When I told the front desk lady that the room was much to small to stay, she showed me a different room, which was really much larger, but did smell somewhat musty, although it was very clean.

If I were in town only for a day or two for tourism, this hotel is priced right, and sort of between Tampa and St. Pete. Free Wifi advertised, but I usually use my own data plan, as I usually don't like the slowness of the free connections. Hotel was rated as average service, because there are no actual services offered, but the 2 staff members I encountered ( after-hours security guy and front desk lady) were very helpful. Excellent cleanliness is a reflection of the room itself, as well as the hotel grounds (what limited grounds there were) were kept clean; the parking lot and walkway lighting was very good as well.

Bottom line: For an actual extended stay, it was non-functional for me, and non-conducive for my work. I think the limited staff does as well as possible, and it appears that they take pride in their work. I did change hotels after two nights, and now am in a different brand of non-extended stay hotel.

Room Tip: You can ask for the larger rooms, but they may be a few dollars more per night.
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank alyssacuomo1
Steve S, Guest Relations Manager at Tampa Bay Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and your detailed photos and response. We will be sharing your comments with our staff and continue to strive for excellence. I remember you shared with me you needed a larger work space in the rooms to accommodate your job needs. We are very happy you gave us a chance to provide hotel service and if you need us in the future we are here.

Jackie Harris
Customer Care

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Fairly priced and clean. Kitchen is a nice feature. Not much in the way of amenities. More akin to apartment living. Aircon was disturbingly loud even on low, couldn't hear the tv and had to turn it off at night to sleep. Recommended a restaurant that was fabulous!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Steve S, General Manager at Tampa Bay Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

tscherer56,
Thanks for taking a moment to review our hotel. We are always interested to hear what our guests have to say about us. I am very sorry that the A/C was loud and affected your television viewing. If you do choose to stay with us again in the future please contact me directly and I will personally handle your account and make sure that you have a quieter A/C unit.