“Closed”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Thirsty Marlin Grill - CLOSED

Thirsty Marlin Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Bay Area
“Closed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Just went passed this restaurant 2-3 weeks ago and it has closed I always ment to try it but never got there.

Visited April 2014

Florida
“We have been going to this Largo restaurant for years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

We have been going to this Largo restaurant for years, but it was dark, and it looked like a name change had been attempted. We had been gone for a few weeks, so this all happened in the last 3 or 4 weeks. Too bad because we liked the place.

Visited November 2013
Belleair Bluffs, Florida
“Bad Food & Bad Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

The food was poor and service terrible. We started off with the Fried Green Tomatoes, which had no flavor at all to them except for the blue cheese crumbles and dipping sauce. The Lobster Bisque Soup was extremely fishy tasting. The Lobster Wrap was mostly filled with lettuce. The coleslaw that comes with the Lobster Wrap tasted like store bought with no flavor and warm. The Onion Rings were very greasy and made us feel sick. We decided to order dessert thinking how could they mess that up. Out of the three things listed on the menu for dessert they only had one, the Fried Cheesecake, so we ordered it and it tasted like the cheesecake and ice cream that came with it was old. Our waitress would disappear for long periods of about 15 to 20 mines. It took us a half hour to get our dessert after we had ordered it. We will not be going back!

• Visited October 2013
Dunedin, Florida
“Good Food & Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had wanted to try The Thirsty Marlin for a few years, but could never find the right time to stop in. When I received a $10 gift certificate for my birthday I knew it was time. I think the day we went they may have been low on staff because it took a few minutes for anyone to acknowledge our presence and get us seated. The waitress was very nice and apologized though it certainly was not her fault that they were understaffed. The menu was extensive, but I have to say that some of the items (particularly the seafood) were overpriced. My son and I ordered the cheeseburgers in paradise with fries. The burger was a half-pound and was quite delicious. It was served on an onion bun which was a nice change of pace. The burger itself was juicy and very flavorful. The fries were seasoned to perfection and also very tasty. I will say that the portion sizes were impressive. The restaurant has a nice old Florida atmosphere and reminded me of several places I would go as a child. Parking is limited, but we were able to find a spot on the street right behind the restaurant. Someone told me that it was a good place to watch a game, but since we were not there for that reason I cannot comment on that. However, we had a good meal and I am sure we will be back.

• Visited October 2013
Covington
“Great eating establishment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Thirsty Marlin Grill was recommended to me by a friend that lives in Clearwater. So, I decided to try it out. Was glad I did. Had great food and drinks and had a pleasant atmosphere. Will be sure to try this out the next time I am in the area. That will probably be early Spring 2014.

• Visited December 2012