“GOOD INEXPENSIVE FOOD!”

Five Guys
Ranked #50 of 298 Restaurants in Largo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 1, 2012

You just cannot beat these "homemade" tasting burgers which are freshly cooked as you come through the door. Add their wonderful fries, you are are dining like a king without having to dig deeply into your wallet!

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Five Guys is a nice step above the usual choke and puke burger joints. hot dogs are to brag about also. they claim supremacy in french fries, true if you count grease content... love these five guys, but one must be cautions if diet and health problems are an issue. noisy to the max! overall--yummmmm!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

They are still my favorite fast food joint when I want a burger and fries. They are my frequent flyer go to place when I'm solo and a fast lunch or dinner with no fake theme atmosphere needed.

I think as a franchise they focus on the food in three areas.
FRESH, QUALITY COMPONENTS - NO GIMMICKS, KEEP IT SIMPLE AND PURE - GREAT VALUE FOR THE DOLLAR. Real Reasons, telling how it really is ...

A- They are cooked to order and that means no microwaved redo synth burger dried to the bone from the last shift.

B- You can simply pick cheese-no cheese, large 272G -small 171G. fast easy selection.

C - Every possible topping you can imagine including the hottest Jalapeño I ever had swerved to me in a resteurant. They are hot!
HINT: Ask for the Jalapeños on the side, push out the white pith and seeds with a plastic utensil and that will reduce them to mear nuclear. All the toppings are fresh. No brown lettuce, no smooched tomatoes.

D- You don't have to wait on line any longer than Mickee- D or Burger King. But you are getting a fresh cooked item wrapped in foil to keep it hot. I have actually waited a lot longer at McDonalds to get served and delivered. And five out of ten times they got the order WRONG.

E- The huge bag of fries are fresh cut ( thats real potatoes cut on site, those are real bags there) and not processed like the ones that are pre-cooked at the plant, travelled thousands of miles and then re-fried at a higher temp in MD or BK. In other words not pre-processed with dyes and chemicals including synthetic meat flavoring to give MD-BK WD their fries a taste.

F- The fries are cooked in PEANUT OIL, not commercial "transaxle grease with secret ingredients that i can't spell right". Plain peanut oil considered by most chefs excellent for frying, only very costly compared to the synthetics. Nathan's NY and most NY real delis use peanut oil. yes the paper bags will show some oils, thats why they use paper. But you know they were cooked today in the last five minutes and not two months ago and re-heated.

G- I'm there for the food because Im hungry and want to eat. My palate somewhat pickier than most , And I find their burgers taste a lot better than the other fast food joints.

H- I am glad I am not there while some kid can't decide which Ronald MD or Star Trek toy he wants and has a meltdown, Why, it's simple, I'm trying to eat! I think it's great they haven't tried to make toy land out of their places.

NOTE: Nothing against grandkids but I when I go to eat, I am an adult. When we have grandkids or any kids with us on babysitting duty, I go to Mickee Land because they have already been brainwashed and thats the easy way out.

I- I find they keep their places very clean even in peak times and some one is always on table / floor duty wrangling those pesky free peanut hulls that wind up all over the place.

People can nit-pick a one time event but overall there is a reason they have been in the top-two burger chains nationally by those who judged the food and service and not the hype and baloney.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

Stopped in late, just before closing. ordered the smaller burger and boy was it smaller. A had them load it up with all the free toppings. The meat almost disappeared under the veggies. This was the one where you'd ask "wheres the beef"? Good quality but more like a vegitarian delight.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Like hand made-to-order typically diner cheeseburgers, big bags of old-time greasy fries with ketchup, carry out or eat in?? Then you'll enjoy this little establishment. Fairly new to our area, the kids and teens love this place. Easy parking. You order at the counter and then sit and wait at any table while the guys (and gals) prepare your specialty order. Employees are fun people who joke around and sing while they cook, and the sandwiches are BIG! If you are a health food fanatic, I definitely would not recommend this particular restaurant, but locals, both young and old, can be found enjoying lunch, dinner, or a filling snack at the Five Guys. Cute diner atmosphere and patrons can often be seen visiting with one another while they eat.