“Great food!”

Dining options: Reservations
Largo
“Great food!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our dinner was full of flavor. From the appetizer to the dessert. The upgrade of our house salad was worth the cost.Also our mararitias were the best! The service was excellent.Cost a bit high but worth the trip.

• Visited January 2013

Regina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“False Advertising!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I've been to this restaurant in the past and enjoyed my meal. This time.........Not! Advertised a lobster stuffed filet. Not sure what child's fish bowl they caught the lobster in. The steak was the worst ever. I think the last meal was a fluke! Sorry.....not a fan! Yuck!

• Visited November 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent steak and ribs”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Like a previous reviewer I was a great Steak and Ale fan and now tend to go between Longhorn, Ruby Tuesday and Outback when I am on vacation in the USA. I had a birthday coupon for Longhorn, so we ate there to get the free dessert. Two of us had delicious and succulent ribs with loaded baked potato, and one had the Renegade 6 oz which was cooked to perfection - lovely and juicy with not a bit of fat or gristle. Then we had the dessert sampler which included caramel godlrush, cheesecake and chocolate cake. What can I say - I thought I had died and gone to heaven - this was the most delicious dessert I had tasted since the Steak and Ale French Silk Pie. Wonderful experience!

• Visited November 2012
Largo, Florida
“STEAKIVOROUS REX”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

At one time I was a huge fan of STEAK and ALE and they went away. Then LONESTAR bit the bullet, they priced themselves out of the market. The OUTBACKS Blooming Onion had me for a while but recent changes in management and charges including about a forty percent cost rise placed me on the prowl again.

A coupon addicted friend of mine had a few dollars off at the Longhorn and we decided two months ago to give them a try. Voila! We have been back four times

The Renegade, 12 Oz for me and she had the Renegade 6 Oz, both with loaded baked potatoes, Caesar salad and plenty of warm bread and butter. With the coupon and totally cleaned plates, maybe a smidgen of Heinz 57 and full bellies, the total less tip and using the coupon was $27. The food was great, the service was excellent, the place is clean and a working front manager (the floater) was seeing that everything went as to plan. Including busing tables when they got busy.

It was a nice meal and well done. Four trips back since then to this same location and every part and every area of consideration got an "A". Good management is the key. Very nice staff and consistent.

I read some other reviews on another site that were negative. Some were two years old. I never do research on a place prior to eating there. I read them after i post. I form My Opinion based on how I was treated and what I observed. I do not wish to be swayed. I have a food blog and restaurant experience and some places do not wish to be scrutinized that deeply, I do, a bad waitress, pushy bartender, or hostess can ruin a meal as well as the guys in the backend.

I just don't make it apparent. In this case a new manager and a few new key people might change the opinion of those whose main complaint was the service and the booze. My companion goes nuts because of what I observe that to most folks would go un-noticed. Thats just training.

Bottom line...for a chain the food was hot, good, fresh, well served and I went out satisfied four times in a row. By the way i order the same thing each time to detect any policy or selection changes. they were very consistent even though parts of the menu had changed.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank aljacobs2
chester
“Good food, when you get it”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Everytime we are in Florida we visit longhorns as one of our favourite restaurants in area. Food is constantly good. Only reason not 5 star rating was because last visit we ordered starter and main but for some reason the starter was never brought out they forgot to put order in. But apart from that good restaurant and would recommend to anyone.