“Wonderful Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Largo-Clearwater
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Largo
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stay here every year on our way to Siesta Key. The hotel is clean,staff is wonderful. They now offer wine, beer and soda Monday -Thursday.
If you are there for the 4th of July the fireworks show in the park right next to the hotel is awesome.
Pet friendly. Good location for an easy drive to the beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shoytster
Tavara S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Largo-Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Dear Shoytster,

Thank you for commenting on you recent stay with us. We are so happy you choose to stay with us on your way to beautiful Siesta Key. The firework display at the Largo Central Park can also be seen from your guest room! Thank you for giving other potential guests a glimpse into our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Largo-Clearwater

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

This Holiday Inn is amazing I mean there's nothing negative to say about it the staff is great the prices are great it's in a great location right in the middle of Tampa Clearwater and St Petersburg on top of that their breakfast is also good your bed will always be made the hotel was exceptionally clean I have never had one complaint about this hotel during my stay. If you ever come to the Clearwater area you must stay at this hotel don't waste your money on the big fancy hotels. The hotel is a diamond in the rough of so many hotels in the area.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheSilkMan

Dear Brant M,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We appreciate kind words about the service you received and our property. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 2 years ago so I thought we would stay again this year. The staff was very friendly. They helped me with all my needs. My son got very sick in our car and they gave us cleaning supplies to clean it up. We had breakfast every day-that is a must do every day-as they change the menu daily. My room was cleaned every day with fresh towels and anything extra I needed was given to me if I asked. The pool area was inviting and wonderful. Please note the pool is in full shade after 4:30pm or so. There is no hot tub. Also some garbage cans were overflowing but not that bad. Florida no longer has in-room safes. So you have your own lock box behind the front desk. Every time I used it the staff was very nice cuz I had to bug them to let me in back by it but they did not mind. Lastly if you have a car there is a great pizza place for pick up about 5min drive east called "Hungry Howies" you must try. We had it 3 times and the staff let us use their paper plates and the usage of their tables in the breakfast area.. We will return to this hotel without a doubt!!! Colleen L. Wisconsin

Room Tip: Rooms near a elevator are nice not much walking
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Leonhardt C
Tavara S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Largo-Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Dear Leonhardt C,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Largo, FL and for reviewing your recent experience here. Thank you so much for your kind words about our property and staff. We also love Hungry Howies! We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hotel is great I stayed here for my wedding weekend. The rooms are clean the breakfast is good the service is great. Sunil who worked the front desk was very accommodating. They even sent my wedding dress out to be steamed. I will be back to stay especially since they are not far from the beach.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank DeDee C
Tavara S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Largo-Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear DeDee C,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your "Special Day" weekend! Congratulations! We are so happy that we were able to make your stay a pleasant one. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

All in all, a fine experience for the price , its affordable, good location.
stayed 6 nights
Bfast great for kids, easy check in experience, clean. fridge in room was great . pool ok
minor concerns - The beds sag a bit, it also crinkles under the sheet with the protective cover
the pillows are lumpy need replacing, the biggest concern, the free wifi was spotty an difficult to get on, we were on the second floor and we couldn't get on or was very slow. needs a booster or more capacity or something
we would stay again however

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SunandSand096
Tavara S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Largo-Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear SunandSand096,

We appeciate you commenting on your recent stay with us. We apologize that you were not 100% satisfied. We are in the process of changing all of the pillows and mattress pads in the rooms to a more comfortable style, as well as more bandwith for the wireless internet. We hope you will give us another try in the future and that it is to your liking.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I'm writing because this is my third year visiting this property as home base for Spring Training, and it just keeps getting better. The staff seems to genuinely enjoy making every guest feel important. It is often said that the true measure of customer service is when there is a problem. I would never have considered this a problem, but when I returned to my room one afternoon, the room had not yet been serviced as of 4:00pm. I grabbed a book and went to the lobby to let someone know and to sit there until the room was ready. Within about 3 minutes I had 3 different staff members approach me to apologize, ensure me the cleaning staff was right on it, and to offer me a complimentary beverage while I waited. I was then visited in about 10 minutes to let me know the room was cleaned and ready. Needless to say, I was impressed. It may seem like a small thing, but that attention to the guest goes a long way. The hotel is in top shape and has been upgraded over the 3 years I have stayed there. The complimentary breakfast is always fresh and well stocked. The front desk staff are all well versed in the local area, and their dining recommendations have always been good. I always look forward to Spring Training and enjoy this hotel as a convenient and comfortable home base.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChocolateGolfer

Dear ChocolateGolfer,

Thank you so much for kind words about our property and staff. We are so pleased that you consider us your "home base" when you come down for spring training and we are happy we were able to meet all of your needs. We look forward to serving you again next Spring Break :-)

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Our room was clean, the beds & pillows were comfortable, so no complaints there. The breakfast was good with plenty of items to choose from. We were traveling around a lot & weren't sure just where we were going to be so I didn't book in advance, though I did look on their website before we left to see what the rooms were going for. On their website it was listed as $153.67, but on arrival it was $201.00. I thought this was a bit high! We stayed in other HIE during the week & this was the highest by far but not the nicest.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank rannydef
Tavara S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Largo-Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear rannyfos,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on your recent stay. We are happy that you were pleased with our breakfast buffet and room ammenities. We apologize that you were disappointed with the price of the room. Unfortunately, March is the busiest month for our area and the prices do fluctuate depending on occupancy. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Tavara S.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Largo
Hampton Inn and Suites Largo
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 4 in Indian Rocks Beach
Tampa Bay Extended Stay Hotel
Residence Inn Clearwater Downtown
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater East - Icot Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Petersburg - Seminole Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites St....
#8 of 42 in St. Petersburg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Largo-Clearwater? Share your experiences!