“WOW! Wonderful museum!”
Review of Armed Forces History Museum - CLOSED

Armed Forces History Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome! Step inside our award-winning museum and take a journey through Pearl Harbor, the South Pacific, Germany, A French Village and more. Immerse yourself in 50,000 square feet of space boasting extraordinary sights, scents and sounds that envelop you. Take a ride on an authentic WWII M8 Reconnaissance Vehicle, ride the Virtual Voyager motion simulator time capsule, similar to those found at Universal Studios, and submerge your senses. Witness an extensive array of animated dioramas, unique displays, authentic memorabilia, equipment, artifacts, vehicles and rotating exhibits along with audio/visual effects with the utmost quality and accurate representation. It’s always evolving, educating and electrifying for all ages!
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stopped to visit this museum on our way back to the Clearwater/St. Pete airport yesterday on our way home at the request of my 11 year old son who just loves military "stuff". And WOW were we impressed. Neither my husband nor I are into war types of stuff, but we were in awe. The museum is VERY well done. I especially loved the first room with all of the uniforms, but my son and husband of course loved the areas that made you feel like you were right in the middle of the war zone itself. Staff was very friendly and informative. Definitely recommend!

All reviews
"well worth the visit"
"hidden away"
"different types"

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I took my teenage son here because he loves anything related to historic battles. The first room started of like any museum exhibit looking at historic artillery and uniforms behind glass.
Then we opened two huge metal doors and we found ourselves in the middle of a war scene. It just kept getting better with each new room. Don't want to give too many details, just experience it for yourself if you love history. This museum is top notch and an honor to our veterans. I will be returning with my dad.

1  Thank LenaN4fun
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Hubby was dieing to go.I'm not much into war things well what a surprise.We were both soon interested in everything there.Very well displayed.Before we knew it 4 hours had passed so much to see there.A must see.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Took my two boys and father to the museum on a rainy week day it is very well run and has great exhibits. The staff is very friendly as well.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 29, 2014

When I hear about a museum in a small town like Largo, I am slightly apprehensive as to what to expect. My apprehension grew when I drove down the small side street leading up to the warehouse type facility. However, I was in for a VERY PLEASANT surprise and found a gem of a museum. ABC called this "Where the Smithsonian Meets Disney World" and in some ways its true. The facility is filled with unique displays, memorabilia, equipment, vehicles, aircraft and over 100,000 artifacts covering a period from Pearl Harbor, through the Pacific and European Wars zones, Korean War, Vietnam War, etc. There are life like dioramas (complete with lights and sounds) of trench warfare during WWI, several mock-ups of Japanese ships (used in the making of the movie Tora, Tora, Tora), French Resistance in a village during WWII, paratrooper hanging from steeple in Sainte-Mere-Eglise, soldiers waist deep in the swamps of Vietnam, etc. There is even the ink well used by MacArthur during the signing of the peace treaty ending WWII. You can even ride a Virtual Voyager Simulator that has numerous scenarios by which to choose from. Our guide was a British RAF pilot who spends 3 months a year in the US giving tours of the museum. Another was a POW. It was so enlightening and enjoyable that it took us over 2 hours and 40 minutes to see everything (and if we didn't have another appointment, we might have stayed longer). Great for adults and kids.

1  Thank RLWOrangePark