“We enjoyed it and we will be back”

Comfort Inn & Suites Lantana - West Palm Beach South
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lantana
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Arrive early to pre cool your room. Room was warm for several hrs after arrival. Pool temperature is wonderful. Good location near good local restaurants, support business needs, beaches and diversity of demographics. Breakfast was good. Clean thick towels, soft clean bedding. Hall corridor carpet clean. Outside door does not always recognize pass key card to allow re-entry.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Lantana - West Palm Beach South

Reviewed March 5, 2011

The budget clearly went to the lobby to lure in customers in a post-mod way ( a tacky attempt may I had). Arrived and within 10 minutes of being in a room we spotted three cockroaches. The woman at the front desk was extremely friendly and seemed very familiar with such complaints. On to our next room. . . Bed bugs. Blood sucking bed bugs. This place is a joke. It is a disgusting excuse for a hotel. Full of bugs, gross pool, and to top it all off the ice machine didn't even work. Don't come here.

• Stayed: March 2011
4  Thank angrycust
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Stayed here for business recently and it was not a great place to stay. Located in a sketchy part of town. Cigerette burns on the comforter, dust on the tables, tv and everywhere else. Internet service kept dropping me due to router problem. Breakfast was ok. The only two postive things were the proximity to my work site and Adella, the front desk lady who was hopeful.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Microwave had dent in it; both comforters were riddled with cigarette burns/holes, carpet all over hotel was nasty, Stairwell was dingy, the breakfast was mediocre at best. They had the very same thing everday. My guess is that everything is frozen and they simply reheat it. We paid $120/night for our rooms and definitely felt it was not worth it. The hotel is in a sketchy area--saws methheads wandering around nearby outside. We saw a couple of prostitutes every single morning as we were leaving --they were about a quarter of a mile away from the hotel. This hotel is not in a good area at all and it appears they have let the hotel go as well. I highly recommend that you do NOT choose this hotel! STAY AWAY!
PS. The 'free internet' rarely worked--couldn't keep a signal for more than a few minutes.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Kelsabjil
Reviewed October 12, 2010

On Sept 17, 2010 I stayed at this hotel. There was NO ONE at the front desk when I arrived. the clerk did appear some time later, with no apology or excuse. The hotel is in a poor state of repair. Trim carpets not attached to the walls. Missing wallpaper, outlet plug covers missing. The advertised waffle makers were nonexistent. I would understand remodeling but I was informed by the morning clerk that they have fired the contractor and that this has been going on for many months this is ridicules. I expected a much higher level of service from your company, and I am quite disappointed.

Then I get an email from Cynthia Kingdon stating "On September 12th there was a fire in our laundry room. The room was destroyed. In addition, as the firemen worked to put it out it was necessary for them to use a lot of water which soaked our hallways and the front desk area. The brand new carpet that had just been installed was ruined. The insurance adjusters advised us not to remove anything until they had time to visit the property. Hence, we did look rather ratty."

I wouldn't wait 5 days to clean up a mess. In fact I believe there was a small fire but that would not explain the things I saw.

I guess that they had a laundry room fire so they removed the waffle makers and dining room outlet face plates.. LOL

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
ceeceePalmBeach, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Lantana - West Palm Beach South, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2011

Dear Guest,

I have read your comments and I want you to know that I understand your frustration and I would like to trully apologize for your inconvenience. Unfortunately it's true that we were under renovations at the time of your stay, which is why you saw some of the wall paper pelling off and the outlets uncovered and with the addition of the very small fire in the laundry room we did have the disruption you mentioned on the first floor corredor with the wet carpet and all. Regarding the waffles you are correct it was not operational at the time of your stay and should have been.

Although we strive to provide every guest with the best accommodations and service we have failed to provide that to you during your stay and for that I am offering you may sincere apologies. Renovations in itself are hard to be kept away from the eye of the guest but with the addition of the small fire incident, it was much more difficult. But right now most of the hotel is renovated, the rooms looks great, the guest corredors have new carpet and the breakfast area have new furniture and granite counters. We are almost finished with a newly re-decorated lobby and front desk area and we should have a brand new hotel very soon.

If you are ever in our area again, please give us another opportunity, we would appreciate if you did. Please let us know in advance you are coming and we'll set aside an upgraded suite for you.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your business and as always, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

RC
Director of Operations

Reviewed July 8, 2010

This is not the best part of town. Don't wander around outside after dark. Package (liquor) store next door and sketchy individuals walking the streets. Room was fine but the halls are a wreck. Peeling wallpaper. Each floor had an ice machine and all 3 were broken. Fitness center locked for repairs. Kind of a low rent place. If you need a room cheap, it's OK. Anything more and it isn't here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2009

The front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful, but the hotel was the worst I've stayed in for years. Though a non-smoking hotel the room and the whole hotel reeked of smoke. The carpet was old, threadbare and dirty. Just a disappointing experience.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lantana
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lantana
Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach
Barefoot Mailman Motel
Barefoot Mailman Motel
#1 of 5 in Lantana

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Lantana - West Palm Beach South? Share your experiences!