Review Highlights
Great time catching SIX different species

We were planning our trip to South Florida and knew we wanted to do a freshwater fishing charter... read more

Reviewed September 16, 2018
KFCincy26
Cincinnati, Ohio
1/2 Day trip with kids- Great time!!

Great time today! Our daughter wanted to go shark fishing for her 11th birthday! It was a huge... read more

Reviewed August 5, 2018
David S

All reviews captain patrick peacock bass different species largemouth bass fishing trip south florida freshwater tarpon clown bait fished boat
Reviewed December 18, 2016 via mobile

Captain Patrick Smith has a keen insight to both freshwater and saltwater fishing. Attention to detail, patience and a super friendly personality (not to mention an extraordinary ability to locate and catch fish) make him an outstanding fishing guide.
After multiple trips with Capt Pat, in all types of weather, we have never been skunked. As an experienced angler myself, I am always learning new facets of saltwater and freshwater angling when I'm in the boat with him.
Captain Pat goes above and beyond to meet and exceed expectations.
Give him a call to book your next trip. You won't be disappointed and I highly, highly recommend him!

Blake P
Palm Beach, FL

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed November 20, 2016

Dateline, Friday, Nov. 18th, 7AM. Met Captain Pat at the Lake Ida Launch Ramp and immediately knew that my friend Larry and I were in for a meaningful experience. Background. I am a 68 year old who has fished extensively for 6 decades, a licensed captain, multiple fishing tournament winner, boat owner since 1985. I feel I know the terrain. I've fished with over 100 guides and I post reviews when the guide is extraordinary in more than simple fishing. I've written 4 boating related books, numerous articles and I'm dedicated to the environment. Takes something special to move my fingers on a keyboard.

Captain Pat is exceptional. He is patient, calm, well versed in nature, the environment, fishing history of the body of water, knows the habits of the fish, has a plethora of fine, up to date, well kept equipment, provides a clean, well maintained boat, fresh bait, superb selection of lures, is not shy to move around until he finds a good supply of fish. Pat has fished a great number of the miles of waters, fresh, coastal and offshore, in Florida and the Bahamas. He is passionate about the health of the fishing conditions, is conditioned to speak about recent changes in legislation that impact fishing. He offers fly as well as spinning rod fishing.

That said. We caught largemouth and peacock bass, clown knife fish and a couple of bull headed Arkansas Blue Catfish. The knife fish is a very interesting fish but the story of how they were implanted in Lake Ida is most interesting. It is believed that Lake Ida is the only body of water outside of Thailand to catch these interesting fish. We had enough action to feel very satisfied. Was it nonstop, no. Did we catch a good amount of quality fish, yes. Are we returning to fish again with Captain Pat, yes! Would I purchase the 10 trip coupon book if it was offered, yes.

End of this rant. Standby for more from our next trip. Good, good time.

Date of experience: November 2016
2  Thank David G
Patrick S, Owner at Swamp To Sea Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2016

Thank you David for the great review! I Look forward to seeing you and Larry again soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2016

This was a great way to see so much of the area and learn about the history. It wasn't too expensive
Well worth to stay out of sweltering heat.

It's definitely very tourist like, but very worth it.

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed March 1, 2016

Captain Patrick took me freshwater fishing in the canals near Palm Beach. Awesome time! Caught a lot of fish and a lot of different species! He was knowledgable and hospitable; he really knew what he was doing. Would recommend to anyone in Palm Beach area looking for an experienced guide, fresh or saltwater! Would definitely book again and plan on it!

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed October 10, 2015

Capt. Patrick took me and my boyfriend on an unforgettable fishing trip! How many people can say they have caught a shark?? With Capt. Patrick, we caught three within an hour or two!! He is such a great guide! I am not very experienced when it comes to fishing.....Capt. Pat made me feel comfortable and confident when it came time to reel in my shark. Whether you're an expert fisherman or newbie looking for an adventure, Swamp to Sea with Capt. Patrick is the way to go! You won't be disappointed!

Date of experience: June 2015