“Great tasty fish dinner!”
Review of Grumpy Grouper Grill - CLOSED

Grumpy Grouper Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Palm Beach, Florida
“Great tasty fish dinner!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

It's nothing fancy but if you are looking for a great size of fresh fish, blackened on top of a bed
of lettuce this is your place! Enjoyed a very healthy meal. Will go back again and again.

• Visited May 2013

Tallahassee, Florida
“Good portions of fresh fish, lunch specials”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We heard about this place from some locals and ate here for lunch. They cautioned us that it was kinda a dive inside and had bar area but we were not turned off. We are always game so off we went and we were not disappointed. I ordered a grouper sandwich and it was huge! I could only eat half. My husband got the lunch special fish sandwich which was panga and he was satisfied as well. You can get a variety of sides and I tried the cole slaw with pineapple which was very good. I would go here again if I was in area for awhile.

Visited May 2013
Taos
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A True Best Buy”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We started with Fresh clams, $5 a dozen. Big fresh and juicy...just as good as in an upscale restaurant the night before for $12. We went at lunch time. I ordered the most expensive entree, blackend grouper with black bean sauce over rice. It was exquisite. Had they charged $20 I would not have complained, but it was $7.95. My wife had fish and chips, again with fresh grouper...delicious and a dollar less. Just for grins we ordered a 3rd entree...fried clams. Very good and also very fresh.

The waiter was also great. If I lived in south Florida, I'd dine here weekly...at least.

• Visited May 2013
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
“Excellent Seafood”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Some of the best fried fish around! Very large portions at a very reasonable price. Great lunch menu, I usually go to the new location in Lake Park which has the same menu. Its a hidden gem you do not want to miss!

Visited April 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“inexpensive but not good.”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We ordered the baked clams, a grouper salad, grouper fingers, and I'll tell you the salad was so old. Not yesterday's salad, but from 2-3 days ago. The lettuce and cucumbers were transparent and the salad bowl had a pool of water at the bottom of it. Then to top it off the grouper on top of the salad was cold and rubbery. The grouper fingers came with fries. The fries were perfect and delicious, but the grouper fingers were barely warm and they were rubbery and limp. The clams were quite expensive. I think it was 10 dollars for 6 or something like that. They too were cold and the butter served with them was cold. Our waiter was older, and he was really good. He kept filling up our water and ice teas. He was attentive, except he never asked me how the food was. If he had asked me I would have told him. The whole bill was very reasonable, but the food was so poor that I wouldn't go back again.

• Visited April 2013