“Would have gotten four stars were it not for the poor service”

The Station House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Station House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 63 Restaurants in Lantana
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: With a diverse and delicious menu, relaxed elegance, extensive wine list and great service, there is truly something for everyone at The Station House Restaurant. Come enjoy our fresh Maine Lobsters and great steaks!
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Everyone down here knows the Station House. You want Maine lobster? You go to the Station House. They even have two-tiered pricing of lobsters based on when you're seated, with 6 PM being the dividing line. And their non-lobster entrees are top notch. Can never fault them on their food. We all ordered 2 pounders, steamed. They were expertly done, and were moist and sweet. But where they fell down was with the totally unprofessional service. There is no way that the servers were trained waiters. The "service" ranged from rushed to forgotten. If we were still pondering the menu when he came over to take an order, he seemed put out by it and disappeared for an inordinate period of time. We ordered two plates of oysters on the half shell and only one was brought. One cup of ordered chowder was forgotten altogether. The lobsters were long delayed. He never came over to see if we wanted another drink. Since the food was so good we delved into the crustaceans to keep down a rising temper. After dinner we were asked if we wanted coffee....not a word about dessert. I asked for a dessert menu and he told me he'd look for one and it was quite awhile before he returned with a few of them.
We were never asked for refills of the coffee. The desserts were first rate, however. When we finally got our check we were charged for a nonexistent cappuccino. I will say, however, that the valet parkers were spot on. In short, pretty expensive for amateur service. I've been here several times before going back at least ten years, and never experienced anything like it before. It was also on a Friday night when you'd figure they'd have their A team on deck.
Still.....that lobster! A WORD ABOUT ACCESSIBILITY: The Station House is fully accessible, and if you use a wheelchair or walker you will have no trouble getting from your car and through the restaurant.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

the restaurant I believe partially cooks the lobsters in a large batch and finishes cooking them when ordered , if so what a waste of good lobster, lobster should be served fresh cooked or cold not reheated. I believe they are because I am from New England and enjoy lobster and have been to station house twice with same experience both times.
service was good at best an average dinner.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We came here with a large group and ordered one 7 lb. lobster and one 6 lb. lobster. It seemed like endless lobster. The restaurant is a little cramped but the service is efficient and the atmosphere is fun. Apparently this place has been around for a long time as the cover of their menu is a picture of the very old menu where items were labeled in cents rather than dollars.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great location for a group Birthday celebration. The Service was above par and the food was excellent. There was noise around us due to tables be located close together.

2  Thank Beth H
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I go to a restaurant to enjoy my meal. The food is paramount; the service and atmosphere are secondary, but I do expect some minimums.

For the food, my meal was wonderful (and the only reason I'll ever go back here). I had a piece of grouper with a couple of large grilled shrimp. It was great, as usual. I often get a large lobster (4, 5 or 6 lbs.) to split with a friend or relative, but the prices on these have started to creep out of sight and I've occasionally been disappointed, so I stick with a nice piece of broiled or blackened fish and they still do a great job with this.

As for the service, forget about it! We arrived at around 5:50 and were told that there were a couple of dishes at a special price, but we had to order before 6pm. When the waitress came back to take our order, I hadn't made up mind and asked for her to come back in a couple of minutes. Another person in my party wanted one of the specials and was told that he HAD to place the order BEFORE 6pm or the price would be higher. I reminded the waitress that we were already seated BEFORE 6pm and asked what the big deal was if we placed our order a minute or two later so that we could all order together. You'd have thought I was asking her to dance naked on our table! She goes into this long song and dance of how the computer wouldn't put in the correct price if the order was entered after 6:00:00, etc., etc. Are you f--king kidding me? You're going to charge me more for a meal because it takes me an extra minute or two to make up my mind? They almost had to restrain me! If I hadn't been with several family members who really wanted to eat here, I would have just gotten up and walked out. Since when do I have to cater to the wants / needs of a restaurant? After all, they're not paying me to be there, are they? Well, things calmed down and, as already noted, the food was fine.

This place has changed over the past few years. It's no wonder the restaurant in Deerfield closed -- the service there was truly unbearable. And the Station House Grill (across the street in Lantana) is no longer there, so I'm wondering if it's just a matter of time before this place bites the bullet. But, as long as I can still get a nice piece of fish here (sans the backtalk) I'll keep coming back for a while.

1  Thank 913robertf