“Customer service disaster..”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I visited the crab house with 2 out of town guests. It used to be my go to place. It was not crowded but definitely short staffed. We ordered drinks first and soup. My husband was drinking his drink when he yelled and spit out a piece of glass. Fortunately he didn't swAllow it or I hate to think of the consequences.n it was a large piece. The server asked him if he wanted another and he rightfully declines. No one else had drinks with ice. The server said the manager would come over. At the end do the meal the server brought our bill. STILL no manager and no adjustment to the bill, not even for the drink he did t drink. one of my guests was upset and brought it up to her. The server brought back the bill with a small adjustment and said the manager was too busy to talk to us. No apology. NOTHING. They have definitely lost a customer.

4  Thank Antsissy

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hard-to-find old Florida-style restaurant is well worth a visit. The walls are board and batten. The ceiling fans run constantly. The tables are covered with paper and everyone makes a huge mess when they mallet their crabs to pieces. The medium hard shell crabs were delicious. Our server was funny and efficient. In season this place is probably impossible to get into. Go now!

1  Thank Amherstgal
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Very disappointed, because I was raised in a place where little, delapidated, hole-in-the-wall restaurants like this serve out the best homemade seafood you can imagine! It was not the case at Riggin's Crab House....
We dined there on a Monday night, 7/30/2012, at about 8:00 in the evening. One dining room was closed, as they probably did not expect to need it on a slower night. The dining room that was open was mostly full of a variety of people enjoying drinks and conversation. I was encouraged...that was soon to be dashed...
Our waiter arrived promptly to take our drink order, we did not see him again for 14 minutes, when he quickly informed us that he had food coming out for another table, and would be right with us. That was not the case. We finally got our drinks, and placed a modest starting order of the soft shell crab appetizer, sauteed for $14.00, 1/2 lb hot peel and eat shrimp, $15, and a side of hushpuppies, $5. We intended to order more after this round, but soon changed our minds.
The food finally came, some 17 minutes later. He dropped them on the table and ran off. He was back in about 90 seconds to ask how everything was, and before I could tell him my shrimp was not right, he flew off again, not to be seen until we pushed our plates away, indicating we were through.
It was then that we told him the crab was greasy and overcooked, the hushpuppies were burned on the outside, raw on the inside, and the shrimp had been so overcooked that 3 of them would not come out of the shell, and disintegrated when I tried to peel them. It was as if they had taken previously cooked cold shrimp, and steamed them hot for me, dumping too much Old Bay Seasoning on them for any recognizable shrimp flavor. NO offer of replacements could have been made, because our waiter was ABSENT for 90 percent of the "meal". This was no meal, this was a train wreck.
Three of the tables had what was obviously a good time, as most of the servers stood and talked to them most of the time we were there, our waiter disappeared out back more than he was in the dining room.
We will NEVER go again, and wil NEVER recommend this to any of our friends...
A BIG disappointment....
We left a desperate note on our credit card slip, asking the manager to watch for our review on Trip Advisor, as no one else seemed to care.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I am a huge seafood lover & especially love Maryland Crabs! I highly recommend if you love that style this is the only place I know of in South Florida to get them!) I have been going there for over 15 years & I love the crabs! Actually that's all I have ever ate! Sides aren't that great but it's all about the crabs for me! Good place to bring your kids & make a mess! Bibs on & get ready to work! I leave home the none crab lovers....this is serious business!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Loved the place - VERY casual but fantastic food. Fish is fresh daily and delicious.

Been to Riggin's Crab House? Share your experiences!